Realm: Mistblade Mistblade vol.2 feedback & ideas.

• Administrators
On 10/13/2023 at 8:31 PM, Grogs said:

Is there a way to make the API spit out more than just damage and time of an encounter? Would be nice if people behind the logs could work with info like boss dmg and non-boss dmg. @Chris@Aithne

No, not really, as that would require storing WAY too much info serverside. Not that you're entirely correct in pinging me, but whatever.

On 9/27/2023 at 9:50 AM, Crysis said:

1. What did you love most about the first season? - What would you like to see more of?

2. What do you feel could be improved or changed? - Were there elements from the first season that didn't quite hit the mark?

3. What felt missing? - Are there specific features, locations, quests, or characters you'd like to see in the second season?

4. Any specific suggestions or ideas? - Perhaps you have visions of special events, player integrations, or new features that would enhance the Mistblade experience?

1- the low amount of bugs , that was nice

2- The chat mods . 

3- crossfaction for pve and pvp , alliance was pretty dead , was so dead that we left the game 

4- let's do the weekly ids just like another server ( i don't know if i can mention the name in the forum , i'm not sure if there's a rule about that). However , the idea is this : if you kill the boss , your ID or save  is now there , BUT , you can join another raid which is at an earlier boss and kill him , loot him and so on , if you kill twice the same boss , theres no loot for you , you are not in the masterloot's list to give the item , this way more players will join pub raids , either for fun or to help , or just to practice , i cleared the whole raid ? but my guild need's me ... well , no problem , i can join them , no loot for me , but atleast we are there playing , this way the game gonna be a lot more active all the week , not just the reset day

edit to add more info about : let's say we killed malkorok , then they did  a "raid off" , i can host my own raid , from immerseus to nazgrim its all fine , malkorok is dead so theres no malkorok in my raid , so we just keep moving to spoils and so on , later, any of the players of my raid can host their own raid and they will start at the malkorok save ,all either  boss are dead if they cleared the whole raid but malkorok with me , or just a pub random malkorok , so they kill malkorok and can stay to help the raid or just leave because they've already cleared the whole raid and they won't get any loot 

So to put it simply : your id starts with the earliest boss you haven't killed yet ,if its your raid , and you've killed a boss in another group , for example malkorok , theres no malkorok in your save because you've already killed him , you can join a raid you've already cleared if the host hasn't (because if you host it , and you've already cleared the raid , there will be no bosses to beat , they are all obviously dead ) ,however you CAN'T get loot , you can just help them and play with the folks

Need to know if the suggestion is approved or not 

Sorry if i did some mistakes  , my english is a bit rusty

Edited by Sanyei
gramma issues , master yoda's english
  • Like 5

• Administrators

2. I know :c
3. We will have Crossfaction for full PvE + AH + /world.
4. I am not really into this idea, someone suggested it before.

Ban Appeals, shop troubleshooting, account issues etc. -> [email protected]
How To Connect -> LINK
Rules & Guidelines -> LINK
Frequently Asked Questions -> LINK
Stormforge Logs -> LINK
Stormforge Discord -> LINK

• Administrators
On 10/28/2023 at 5:24 PM, Sanyei said:

theres a chance to do a votation on discord or its just a No for this suggestion?

It's a no for this suggestion I am afraid.

How To Connect -> LINK
Stormforge Logs -> LINK

improvements to the server could include rules against ninja looting/rolling for stuff you don't need over someone that does actually need and rules against gold begging. In mistblade 1 you could not park your char in SW for less than a minute before people are whispering you basically harassing you begging for gold, it's an unpleasant experience, and these 2 issues are things that happen at such a frequency it isn't something to gloss over like it's not a big deal, it kills the atmosphere of the game when it is recurrent to the point of being a constant thing, and people begging for gold in capital cities makes the game seem and feel dead when SW is empty due to people not wanting to get harassed by e-beggers. Sure, enforcing these rules would be a little bit hard, but not having a rule in place at all is just enabling and propagating such behaviors. If there's even a 10% chance you could end up getting banned for a week for ninja looting or begging for gold repeatedly and getting reported then it will dissuade most people.

• Administrators

There is no such thing as "ninja looting" in endgame MoP dungeons (where the overwhelming majority of the, ehm, complaints come from) due to the Need Before Greed environment being automatically enforced through RDF. People needing on offspec gear in dungeons is INTENDED BEHAVIOR, not something to ban over. (In fact, Need Before Greed applies to all RDF dungeons from TBC onwards, and Vanilla stuff is completely irrelevant after half an hour anyway, so it has zero weight). Ninja looting in self-invited raid environments could only ever be enforced based on strict proof requirements of PRE-EXISTING loot agreements being broken, and players are notoriously shit at proving a pre-existing loot agreement and default to an "implied" ruleset that suits them best (and sometimes I've seen cases where the pre-existing agreement could actually be dug up and it contradicted that "implied" stuff). The number of actual, provable and theoretically enforceable ninjalooting cases is so low that it is not worth it to expose the GM team to a flurry of fake reports.

And as for gold begging... If we just started banning people for sucking at the game, we'd be out of a server in a matter of weeks. The types of people who are miserable enough to beg for gold in capital cities are precisely the type that have never opened any sort of informative web page in their lives, be it "wow mop goldmaking guide" or "Stormforge server rules".

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Aithne said:

There is no such thing as "ninja looting" in endgame MoP dungeons (where the overwhelming majority of the, ehm, complaints come from) due to the Need Before Greed environment being automatically enforced through RDF. People needing on offspec gear in dungeons is INTENDED BEHAVIOR, not something to ban over. (In fact, Need Before Greed applies to all RDF dungeons from TBC onwards, and Vanilla stuff is completely irrelevant after half an hour anyway, so it has zero weight). Ninja looting in self-invited raid environments could only ever be enforced based on strict proof requirements of PRE-EXISTING loot agreements being broken, and players are notoriously shit at proving a pre-existing loot agreement and default to "implied" shit that suits them best (and sometimes I've seen cases where the pre-existing agreement could actually be dug up and it contradicted that "implied" stuff). The number of actual, provable and theoretically enforceable ninjalooting cases is so low that it is not worth it to expose the GM team to a flurry of fake reports.

And as for gold begging... If we just started banning people for sucking at the game, we'd be out of a server in a matter of weeks. The types of people who are miserable enough to beg for gold in capital cities are precisely the type that have never opened any sort of informative web page in their lives, be it "wow mop goldmaking guide" or "Stormforge server rules".

People rolling on heroic dungeon gear when they already have raid gear isn't intended behavior, you're a fucking idiot, i can't believe they let a dickhead like you be an admin with your foul language and you don't even know what you are talking about anyway.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

• Administrators

You do not know the reasons for them rolling on stuff. Often, they are collecting either offspec gear or best in slot items for Challenge Modes (CM does not care about item level, only sockets). It IS intended behavior, and I happen to know how and why it works the way it does, because I wrote it. I also DID play through an entire, VERY LONG MoP expansion on Tauri up until 14/14 heroic SoO and have, at certain points during my life, Needed items that were below the item level of what I had equipped at the time for the aforementioned purposes. What people Need in heroic dungeons from items their class can use is entirely their own business, not ours, and MoP heroics are cheap enough to run that it should not cripple you if you happen to not get loot for one particular run.

We will NOT ban people for items they are meant to be able to roll Need on for legitimate purposes. No sane HC raid geared person would run poop tier content with potentially dumb, undergeared, or foreign language-speaking randoms if they didn't ACTUALLY need something from the dungeon, right?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Aithne said:

"No sane HC raid geared person would run poop tier content with potentially dumb, undergeared, or foreign language-speaking randoms if they didn't ACTUALLY need something from the dungeon, right?"

Preaching!! Facts

Edited by HulioG

PvP (2v2, 3v3) is not enjoyable. Nobody plays 3v3 only wintraders. I have friends who became Gladiators without knowing what they were doing, just standing in Que for hours against Wintraders 3v3. no one plays soloq. 2v2 is unbalanced, no point playing any class other than metaclass because it is so weak that you will not be able to prevail even if you are good. I think a balance would be good anyway. I also really like the 1v1 from Pandawow. I'm not a Pandawow advocate, but despite how many bugs it has, it really is 100x more enjoyable to play. I would like the stormforge server to be an enjoyable server for PvP. 1v1, higher 3v3 rewards, faster progression, class balance, fix character bugs asap.....

I feel that Tauri and Stormforge are ignoring the PvP camp

Translated with DeepL (https://www.deepl.com/app/?utm_source=ios&utm_medium=app&utm_campaign=share-translation)

• Administrators
On 11/5/2023 at 8:11 PM, Pina18 said:

PvP (2v2, 3v3) is not enjoyable. Nobody plays 3v3 only wintraders. I have friends who became Gladiators without knowing what they were doing, just standing in Que for hours against Wintraders 3v3. no one plays soloq. 2v2 is unbalanced, no point playing any class other than metaclass because it is so weak that you will not be able to prevail even if you are good. I think a balance would be good anyway. I also really like the 1v1 from Pandawow. I'm not a Pandawow advocate, but despite how many bugs it has, it really is 100x more enjoyable to play. I would like the stormforge server to be an enjoyable server for PvP. 1v1, higher 3v3 rewards, faster progression, class balance, fix character bugs asap.....

I feel that Tauri and Stormforge are ignoring the PvP camp

Translated with DeepL (https://www.deepl.com/app/?utm_source=ios&utm_medium=app&utm_campaign=share-translation)

You kinda overestimate the level of wintraders in 2s and 3s. Bracket which was completely overrun by them was 5s and we did not give any rewards for that.

I am not sure what balance do you expect, I managed to push several class bugs through DevTeam. You play the game which is imbalanced in its' core.

I do take responsibility for PvP and its' state, I admit it's not perfect but I strongly disagree with statement that we ignore PvP. We've introduced several improvements during Mistblade 1 lifeline, most of them suggested by PvPers themselves.

How To Connect -> LINK
Stormforge Logs -> LINK

On 2023. 11. 07. at 12:00, Crysis said:

Kicsit túlbecsülöd a wintraderek szintjét 2-es és 3-ban. Az általuk teljesen lefutott tartó 5s volt, ezért nem adtunk jutalmat.

Nem tudom, milyen egyensúlyra számítasz, több osztályhibát sikerült átnyomnom a DevTeamen. Azt a játékot játszod, amely a magjában kiegyensúlyozatlan.

Vállalom a felelősséget a PvP-ért és állapotáért, elismerem, hogy nem tökéletes, de határozottan nem értek egyet azzal az állítással, hogy figyelmen kívül hagyjuk a PvP-t. Számos fejlesztést vezettünk be a Mistblade 1 mentőkötél során, ezek többségét maguk a PvPers-ek javasolták.

Then you should pay more attention to the 3s log, I went up to 2,1k on tyranical seass and I can count on one hand how many normal enemies I got, they were almost always faking or pretending. I can't give you exact info since I'm not a dev, but by balance I mean for example warrior armor could be a little less mage dmg could be a little less bm dmg could be a little less. Obviously it's not that simple, but it would make sense for PvP if everyone had the same difficulty. Warrior, Dk, Bmhunter is unbeatable whatever comp you play. for example on warrior no hot + 55% armor reduc your partner is sitting in cc + full burst and you can't kill him. nonsense.

It's full of bugs, the hunter flare spell if you put it on the bridge and go under it will take you out of stealth. Unfortunately I can't reproduce it because I can't find 3 people willing to help me video it etc. Also there are not so many reports because you can't test the bugs to make a video of it etc.

• Administrators
On 11/8/2023 at 6:35 PM, Pina18 said:

It's full of bugs, the hunter flare spell if you put it on the bridge and go under it will take you out of stealth. Unfortunately I can't reproduce it because I can't find 3 people willing to help me video it etc. Also there are not so many reports because you can't test the bugs to make a video of it etc.

You can DM me via Discord with bugs.

• Sad 1

How To Connect -> LINK
Stormforge Logs -> LINK

On 11/4/2023 at 12:20 PM, Aithne said:

There is no such thing as "ninja looting" in endgame MoP dungeons (where the overwhelming majority of the, ehm, complaints come from) due to the Need Before Greed environment being automatically enforced through RDF.

We were doing Heroic MSV and I remember a Hunter needing on the [Circuit of the Frail Soul] but fortunately I won the roll - as healer - and the guy already had ToT gear. He said he was Needing on every single piece of loot in the entire raid for enchanting.

It's one thing to shit on the average normies, but it's another to do so WHILE going to bat for bad players. I think that if somebody would go through the trouble of uploading screenshots, videos, and even prove that it wasn't traded at a later time, deserves more benefits than a ninja-looter.

• Haha 1

• Administrators

You kick that person, simple as that. You bring whoever you'd like to a heroic PUG raid and you can find another dps for basically free. The RL is also free to set the loot rules to Need Before Greed, or leave it on Master Looter and have people roll.

In unplanned environments, the server enforces the inability to ninjaloot. In planned ones, it is your own responsibility to use the available ingame tools to set up your own raid's loot rules.