Realm: Mistblade Mistblade vol.2 feedback & ideas.

• Administrators

Greetings Mistblade Heroes!

We're thrilled to announce that preparations for Mistblade's second season are in full swing! But before we roll out all the planned features, we'd like to give you, our dedicated community, an opportunity to share your thoughts about what you'd love to see in the upcoming season.

You are the heart of Mistblade, and your feedback is invaluable to us. Here are some guiding questions to help you frame your responses:

1. What did you love most about the first season? - What would you like to see more of?

2. What do you feel could be improved or changed? - Were there elements from the first season that didn't quite hit the mark?

3. What felt missing? - Are there specific features, locations, quests, or characters you'd like to see in the second season?

4. Any specific suggestions or ideas? - Perhaps you have visions of special events, player integrations, or new features that would enhance the Mistblade experience?

Remember, every piece of feedback is vital! With your insights, we aim to tailor the second season to meet expectations and make it even more memorable.

Thank you for being with us and for all your support. Together, we're shaping the story of Mistblade. We look forward to your thoughts!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ban Appeals, shop troubleshooting, account issues etc. -> [email protected]
How To Connect -> LINK
Rules & Guidelines -> LINK
Frequently Asked Questions -> LINK
Stormforge Logs -> LINK
Stormforge Discord -> LINK

Horde having superior racials consistently leads to a significant imbalance, resulting in fewer players opting for the Alliance. While the Xfaction, is a step in the right direction, it doesn't fully address the issue. Introducing a "Racial Swap" option would offer a straightforward and effective solution, allowing players to choose any race they desire without feeling compelled to join a particular faction or adhere to specific racial advantages (we're looking at you, trolls).

Shifting my focus MoP in general, a notable drawback was the lack of new dungeons for later patches. This oversight quickly rendered heroic dungeons obsolete, making them pointless to run in the later stages of the game. A potential solution, which shouldn't overly burden developers, could involve the creation of seasonal Challenge Mode Dungeons. These dungeons would provide gear appropriate for the later content patches, ensuring that a significant portion of the game's content remains relevant. This would also offer players a more reliable and satisfying method of ob

• Like 1

What did you love most about the first season? the game feels great even from NA the ping isnt awful, mop arena is best pvp of any wow imo not a ton of bugs

What do you feel could be improved or changed?  : A 3v3 event that promotes queueing instead of just doing it to get the box. Arena spectator. Most of the issue i think is player side with the gatekeeping of info and being unhelpful to new players. lots of dodging and sniping too.

What felt missing? : not too much honestly. This is my first private server so others may have a better idea. 

Any specific suggestions or ideas?: I personally hate having to level, level proffs, etc. but i understand alot of people enjoy that aspect. I'd just like arena spectator and a 3v3 event per week like twinstar had (that server was horrible, but it did have a good 3v3 event)

I would make the server a Normal server rather than a PvP server.

I appreciate that some people enjoy WPvP, but I think this should be done with other people who opt into it, rather than by attacking PvE players who have no interest in engaging with that aspect of PvP.

I think the only members of the community that miss out because of this change would be the type of people to prey on other players, not those looking for a good fight.

It is deeply unpleasant to be forced to engage with people whose only interest is in disrupting you in what you're doing. Never has being dragged into unwanted PvP felt like an enriching and valuable part of the player experience.

Edited by Charlesrizard
  • Like 1

1. What did you love most about the first season? - What would you like to see more of?
    The player interactions on fresh were amazing. When we had a bunch of fresh NA players it was a fun time.
  2. What do you feel could be improved or changed? - Were there elements from the first season that didn't quite hit the mark?
    Tier 14 should be slightly longer whereas ToT and SoO should be shorter cycles. Especially fresh leveling before raid content unlocks, we're not already leveled /w profs gold etc characters going into Mists. We're doing fresh characters, and this hurt people who wanted to play an alt (or casually) without racing against time.
  3. What felt missing? - Are there specific features, locations, quests, or characters you'd like to see in the second season.
    Some other project had pre-corruption Vale, would be nice to have that as a 'custom' patch update so Vale isn't an eyesore on the east side. Otherwise, the original trinket-haste scaling would be nice.
  4. Any specific suggestions or ideas? - Perhaps you have visions of special events, player integrations, or new features that would enhance the Mistblade experience?
    PvP direly needs two things: min ilevel to queue, and better capability to farm out honor sets. The 'simple' solution for the latter would mean to buff up honor gains and getting rid of the JP-Honor conversion option at the vendors. Otherwise, people are going to default to heroic dungeon spamming (pve) to convert JP>Honor for gear. Hurts queues.
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Crysis said:

What do you feel could be improved or changed? - Were there elements from the first season that didn't quite hit the mark?

Can we please finally fix the MMR system so the maximum rating loss is -24 compared to roughly -50 ? It discourages alot of people and makes dodging and sniping much more prevelant.

I dunno if you guys need proof or anything but you could never lose more than 24 rating.

attached a screenshot.

And it's also shown in the mmr formular: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/720492-Guide-Match-Making-Rating-(MMR)

ratingloss.png

mmr.png

Edited by Noneedholy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Noneedholy said:

Can we please finally fix the MMR system so the maximum rating loss is -24 compared to roughly -50 ? It discourages alot of people and makes dodging and sniping much more prevelant.

I dunno if you guys need proof or anything but you could never lose more than 24 rating.

attached a screenshot.

And it's also shown in the mmr formular: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/720492-Guide-Match-Making-Rating-(MMR)

ratingloss.png

mmr.png

Agreed, This is the only server where you get -50 

Yon

333233232322332323232323232.jpg

• Administrators
56 minutes ago, irithyll17 said:

Horde having superior racials consistently leads to a significant imbalance, resulting in fewer players opting for the Alliance. While the Xfaction, is a step in the right direction, it doesn't fully address the issue. Introducing a "Racial Swap" option would offer a straightforward and effective solution, allowing players to choose any race they desire without feeling compelled to join a particular faction or adhere to specific racial advantages (we're looking at you, trolls).

Shifting my focus MoP in general, a notable drawback was the lack of new dungeons for later patches. This oversight quickly rendered heroic dungeons obsolete, making them pointless to run in the later stages of the game. A potential solution, which shouldn't overly burden developers, could involve the creation of seasonal Challenge Mode Dungeons. These dungeons would provide gear appropriate for the later content patches, ensuring that a significant portion of the game's content remains relevant. This would also offer players a more reliable and satisfying method of ob

1. The main problem we had with factions was that PvE players mostly picked Horde when Alliance focused on PvP. We'll think about the best solution to maintain balance. Racial Change may be one od these.

2. I would personally love to have some kind of Mythic/Challenge mode. Can't really tell that we can do it though, since most of our deus are focused on the Legion.

How To Connect -> LINK
Stormforge Logs -> LINK

6 hours ago, Crysis said:

1. What did you love most about the first season? - What would you like to see more of?

2. What do you feel could be improved or changed? - Were there elements from the first season that didn't quite hit the mark?

3. What felt missing? - Are there specific features, locations, quests, or characters you'd like to see in the second season?

4. Any specific suggestions or ideas? - Perhaps you have visions of special events, player integrations, or new features that would enhance the Mistblade experience?

1. 3s events were great, it would be great if they'd happen every month

2. Improve warforged/titanforged items droprate for 10ppl raids. Getting 1 warforged item for 3 months of raiding weekly isn't funny at all.
Do something with faction balance, racial swaps looks very nice, so u can swap them for pvp and pve without creating 2nd character just to play other aspect of the game.
Timegate for tier15 was a bit too long, 8 months and it's even not a last patch feeling not that great.

3. Horde PvP and Alliance PvE was missing for sure

4. Racial swaps. Something with challenge mode dungeons, like seasons or new "medals" above gold like completing dungeon N-minutes faster than gold with extra cosmetic unique rewards. More PvP events

8 minutes ago, Gilbik said:

It seems that people don't know that there is an opportunity to queue solo 3 vs 3 (many don't even know about .solo command). Maybe need an ingamealert or something like that.

yeah it can be added as a message, but people can ask about it if they want to know if there is soloq in the server or no.

7 hours ago, Crysis said:

2. I would personally love to have some kind of Mythic/Challenge mode. Can't really tell that we can do it though, since most of our deus are focused on the Legion.

Adding daily/weekly coin rewards for completing them could be a nice way to incentivize people to run them.

Likewise when the next tier releases adding in some Legendary quest catch up rewards to slightly speed up quest progress would be amazing. That whole questline is a very unfriendly alt/re-roller/late player time gate. 

Edited by Foodle
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Crysis said:

Greetings Mistblade Heroes!

1. What did you love most about the first season? - I liked that there were a lot of people playing, it was very active and you didn't just run into the same people, in many mmr brackets the arena compositions varied too much and that was what made it fun and entertaining
  2. What do you feel could be improved or changed? - They should improve the balance between factions, because we all know that the horde faction died because everyone went to the alliance (speaking of pvp) this happened because the alliance has a better racial than the horde (humans and elves of the night) for that reason my idea is that there is a racial change for both the horde faction and the alliance, so one can decide how they would like to play their pvp things without being limited to racial ones that are more suitable for pve or not serve as much as the others
  3. What felt missing?
  4. Any specific suggestions or ideas? - Make 3s events in specific time for rewards or incentive the ppl to play that bracket and rbgs too

7 hours ago, irithyll17 said:

i would like to keep racials as it is, to keep the integrity and authenticity of the game.

• Like 1

• Administrators

@Charlesrizard
What we can observe on the private servers' scene is that PvE realms have significantly less online than PvP realms. It has used to be like that for years. I am strongly against changing realm's gametype and we do not really plan to make Mistblade 2 a PvE realm.

@Dalegribble
2. We have already created a timeline for Mistblade vol.2 and it's a bit different than the present. It is not possible to make PvE and PvP gear equal on every phase since there are more PvP seasons than main PvE tiers though.
3. The main problem with certain events and zones (The Barrens pre-SoO events for example) is that there is lack of data available. Therefore, we are unable to recreate certain spots just as retail did.
4. Something to consider.

@Noneedholy
I addressed MMR issues several times - it's not really about proofs whatsoever. The entire MMR system is way more complex and modifying it is not just swapping a few numbers here or there as far as I know. However, I'll see if it could be improved in any way.

@Gilbik
We can make some system message for that, I guess?

@retuvik
1. PvP events did not really happen on Mistblade, at least not officially, which I am kind of sad about. But I explained a few times why. I'm willing to do some, if there are people willing to participate without telling me that "I'm not gonna play against them, because...".
2. We can think about some QoL feature allowing PvE players to catch up more quickly, but still I do not think it's that bad when it comes to gear drop. What think about is making Legendary Cloak chain quest a bit faster on the latest phases.
3. I replied it before.
4. This as well.

@Vladimir996
I'll try to find out if that's possible dev-wise. Can't promise though.

• Like 2

How To Connect -> LINK
Stormforge Logs -> LINK

Good morning,

I have been on your server for approximately 2 weeks, in which I have enjoyed my stay, during these two weeks some questions have arisen, which I received an answer yesterday and I am certainly disappointed, the issue of transfiguration of legendary items, e.g.: Shadowmourne, Trunderfury , Golash. It would give me and other players enormous motivation to be able to transfigure these items.

In any case, all your work so far is appreciated.

King Regards,

istockphoto-510624596-612x612.jpg

29 minutes ago, Noster said:

Good morning,

I have been on your server for approximately 2 weeks, in which I have enjoyed my stay, during these two weeks some questions have arisen, which I received an answer yesterday and I am certainly disappointed, the issue of transfiguration of legendary items, e.g.: Shadowmourne, Trunderfury , Golash. It would give me and other players enormous motivation to be able to transfigure these items.

In any case, all your work so far is appreciated.

King Regards,

Legendary transmog only exists in shadowlands+. Being able to do it in mop would require custom changes 

Edited by Query
  • Like 1

1. Probably the best mop server around for pve rn. Also enjoyed big pop during first and start of the second tier but sadly with really delayed soo it fell off a cliff after 8 months of ToT. PVP scaling was also good decision, so i would glad to see it on mb2
  2. Would be nice if some fixes would be applied earlier after getting acknowledged like Durumu being completely broken for 4 month was ridiculous tbh. Couldnt smoke bomb frost bite on council,  in HOF Zorlok (doing exhale on tanks, which they should soak from other players) and Garalon (his first fixate doesnt happen on person that attacked him first but whoever is closer to him for some reason) never been fixed and i'm sure there're other i dont remember already. I just hope we get faster fixes after people report bugs when mb 2 comes out, because i'm pretty sure we might have new ones even tho core is the same. (for example i recently noticed that second bridge between Jonrokh and Horridon for some reason started slowing x3 times more than it was back in 5.2-5.3 for some reason). I do realise devs are focused more on legion but i just dont like the feeling that mop server is completely forgotten compared to tbc/upcoming legion.
    Crossfaction that got introduced on mb1 improved ally pve experience only, meanwhile horde pvpers didnt recieve anything and they still got no people around to queue arena with. Maybe if you'll intodue racial swap it wont be that bad but still, full crossfaction would be highly appreciated.
    I would love to see better bg queue on mb2, because on mb1 its kinda ridiculous, people are queuing naked/in Cata greens in s15 and ofc 1 team might have 3 healers and the other one will get just 1 or 0 which makes severe disbalance between teams. I really hope u guys will do something to improve bgs experience because rn they're extremely unfun and they've been so for quite a while.
  3. I would love to see pre 5.4 vale etc and other quests there but i can imagine how much work it'll be and it might break everything else so i would pref if you guys focus on something else but still, it would be great to see.
    Also adding pvp or atelast pve spectators would be great, remember spending hours just spectating other people on diff private with my friends because we had some free time and we didnt raid this day
  4. We could get a lot of custom stuff like premium transmog, items like cleansed ashbringer etc in the shop, you would also get more money out of it.
    I would also like to see bosses hp increased in hc raids for week or 2 and give some reward like a mount for either just clearing it on increased difficulty or claiming realm first to motivate hc raiders even more to compete between each other.
    Adding rewards (in essence maybe?) for getting fastest times in challenge modes every 2-3 months would be also great since they've been kinda dead since TOT, or introducing another way to motivate players to do CMs more would be highly appreciated

And the most important part: Announcement wHeN? 
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Crysis said:

I addressed MMR issues several times - it's not really about proofs whatsoever. The entire MMR system is way more complex and modifying it is not just swapping a few numbers here or there as far as I know. However, I'll see if it could be improved in any way.

I mean i never said it's easy although i linked the MMR formular already and how the formular could be written in any code. The point is that qing arenas when you get -50 for a loss is absolutely pointless and only this server handled it the way it is right now, this should get much more attention and im sure any Dev can work this out easily if he gets the information he needs.

Im somewhat familiar with coding myself and changing the max rating you are able to lose should not be an issue at all, if you don't believe me i can even send you a regular and simple c++  code that shows you how rating calculation could be done. It's really not that difficult for a dev.

It's just way too punishing if one loss equals a waste of hours long qing and it affects everyone on any mmr although its easier to get rating back on lower mmr obviously. Besides, the mmr formular as it is right now with being able to lose nearly 50 points is not blizzlike either as proven.

Edited by Noneedholy
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, irithyll17 said:

Why is Horde superior? pvp wise both horde and alliance have pretty good racials, alliance "human, dwarf, gnomes, worgen"

58 minutes ago, Danewolf said:

Why is Horde superior? pvp wise both horde and alliance have pretty good racials, alliance "human, dwarf, gnomes, worgen"

Pvp wise alli races are way stronger, but it's not even close to troll racial that's op as hell in pve 

Edited by Homeostasis

Cross-faction... but that's it. Everything else was good. I've played on dozens of private servers over the years and this one is my favorite. Been waiting in a Legion server for this re-launch and over there, I know that even in contested areas, enemy factions appear as orange instead of red. I don't expect X-faction to go that far, but it would make for the Timeless Isle to be the grind it was intended to be, and you wouldn't have to roll Horde in order to PvE because guilds would also be X-faction.

Just trying to avoid the imbalance that Netherwing is seeing.

Edited by Tiamek
  • Like 3