Realm: Mistblade Mistblade vol.2 feedback & ideas.

On 9/27/2023 at 10:50 AM, Crysis said:

Greetings Mistblade Heroes!

We're thrilled to announce that preparations for Mistblade's second season are in full swing! But before we roll out all the planned features, we'd like to give you, our dedicated community, an opportunity to share your thoughts about what you'd love to see in the upcoming season.

You are the heart of Mistblade, and your feedback is invaluable to us. Here are some guiding questions to help you frame your responses:

1. What did you love most about the first season? - What would you like to see more of?

2. What do you feel could be improved or changed? - Were there elements from the first season that didn't quite hit the mark?

3. What felt missing? - Are there specific features, locations, quests, or characters you'd like to see in the second season?

4. Any specific suggestions or ideas? - Perhaps you have visions of special events, player integrations, or new features that would enhance the Mistblade experience?

Remember, every piece of feedback is vital! With your insights, we aim to tailor the second season to meet expectations and make it even more memorable.

Thank you for being with us and for all your support. Together, we're shaping the story of Mistblade. We look forward to your thoughts!

Crossplay between factions was very good, it would be even better if players could choose their own races independently

• Administrators
On 10/10/2023 at 12:04 PM, kysokgovna said:

What about world PvP? It will stay as it is?

Yes. What would you suggest tho?

Ban Appeals, shop troubleshooting, account issues etc. -> [email protected]
How To Connect -> LINK
Rules & Guidelines -> LINK
Frequently Asked Questions -> LINK
Stormforge Logs -> LINK
Stormforge Discord -> LINK

• Administrators
On 10/9/2023 at 5:18 PM, Kessie said:

Cross-faction PvE would allow Alliance to get in on the action.

LFR usually has 10 people AFK or auto-attacking, alt-tabbed to 2nd accounts, and anyone who criticizes the owners of these AFK/Bot accounts gets vote-kicked from raids so please do something about this.

And if you're going to force us to "police ourselves" with ninja-looting, then can you at least make that possible?

Ninja-looting is troublesome to monitor. Mostly due to too many of class/spec combinations. And it's usually ultra hard to prove.

Ban Appeals, shop troubleshooting, account issues etc. -> [email protected]
How To Connect -> LINK
Rules & Guidelines -> LINK
Frequently Asked Questions -> LINK
Stormforge Logs -> LINK
Stormforge Discord -> LINK

6 hours ago, kysokgovna said:

I wonder how crossfaction raids go along with world pvp. after what action raid will count as crossfaction?

It's possible to make cross-faction guilds, chat, raids, etc as there's already cross-faction LFR. In PvE servers the other faction appears orange instead of red, pvp can be turned on for some reason although I don't see the point outside arena/BG. Being forced into a "gank me" mode is annoying.

Hi, I'm looking forward to the 2.0 release, but I would appreciate it if we could get some vendors with free heirlooms in the starting area for everyone. This would be my third time leveling in a mop server and just the thought of leveling 1 char then farm justice for hours/days to buy heirlooms and then leveling my 10 alts... yikes.
Also don't give us 8 months of ToT again xD That was painful.

5 hours ago, Guilhermee said:

Hi, I'm looking forward to the 2.0 release, but I would appreciate it if we could get some vendors with free heirlooms in the starting area for everyone. This would be my third time leveling in a mop server and just the thought of leveling 1 char then farm justice for hours/days to buy heirlooms and then leveling my 10 alts... yikes.
Also don't give us 8 months of ToT again xD That was painful.

Hello there , we'll announce the release date and more information about MB2 in our discord , second sadly we cannot have that in our realm, "giving free Heirlooms"

15 hours ago, Tiamek said:

It's possible to make cross-faction guilds, chat, raids, etc as there's already cross-faction LFR. In PvE servers the other faction appears orange instead of red, pvp can be turned on for some reason although I don't see the point outside arena/BG. Being forced into a "gank me" mode is annoying.

Dude, it's that's WoW was all about, ganking and flaming about death

• Like 1

tauren-warcraft3_1.giftauren-warcraft3_3.giftauren-warcraft3_1.gif

On 10/12/2023 at 11:06 AM, kysokgovna said:

Dude, it's that's WoW was all about, ganking and flaming about death

WoW was not intended to have PvP. That's why they invented the Battle Fatigue stat, Resil, PvP Power, combat timers, all these modifications to compensate for the natural character. You walk into a raid and nothing changes. You walk into a BG / Arena, you have all these modifications to your stats and gearscore scaling, indicating that your character needs to be different to PvP.

But I understand why Stormforge turns it on, as it's inclusive to those who want it, and it accurately reflects the lore.

4 hours ago, Tiamek said:

WoW was not intended to have PvP. That's why they invented the Battle Fatigue stat, Resil, PvP Power, combat timers, all these modifications to compensate for the natural character. You walk into a raid and nothing changes. You walk into a BG / Arena, you have all these modifications to your stats and gearscore scaling, indicating that your character needs to be different to PvP.

But I understand why Stormforge turns it on, as it's inclusive to those who want it, and it accurately reflects the lore.

PvP was desinged geniously, so it's easy to learn - difficult to master. And to play PvP good, you need to learn a lot, be a fckn geek.
Like you need to know most of talents/spells/glyphs of every class, track timings check cooldowns and think in different cases.

Also PvP always been more popular than PvE.

7 hours ago, nim2015 said:

Are you planning on changing anything in regards to the lvling? Xp rates, mob xp etc?
I think the lvling was perfect as it was, just hope you aren't changing anything.

we'll have announcement about further details soon.

What do you feel could be improved or changed? - Getting honor through PvP was pretty slow. Most people did heroic dungeons and did conversion from JP to Honor. Getting the legendary cloak takes forever especially if you joined at a later time during the server lifecycle.

Any specific suggestions or ideas? Double honor gains maybe, a bit more honor per kill, give PvP rank titles.

Make earning honor through battlegrounds, Tol Barad (and quests), Wintergrasp (and quests) be more worth it than running dungeons and converting JP to honor.

Since it's possible to convert, add valor points to honor conversion maybe?

Also is it possible to increase the currency cap we can hold for JP, Valor, Honor, Conquest? 4k seems pretty low.

As for the legendary cloak, maybe a catch up mechanic or something?

• Like 2

What did you love most about the first season? - What would you like to see more of?

I think that the greatest part of the server is the consistent quality of 99% of the content I encountered had.  Quests, raids, and scenarios current to MoP and old world functioned mostly properly, and felt like a blizzard quality server.  The only things that come to mind in terms of bugs was that Tsulong forced us to wait until it  changed to night phase before it would reset if we wiped during the day phase, Amber Shaper heroic 25 man ticking for the same damage as it does on 10 man, making the fight much easier, and finally Durumu's beams during the hidden add phase not dealing any damage.  These bugs were present during my guild's progress and probably have since been fixed, and if I do decide to push content again i look forward to their intended mechanics.

What do you feel could be improved or changed? - Were there elements from the first season that didn't quite hit the mark?

In my opinion, the legendary cape quest line is the biggest thing against MoP as an expansion.  As someone who swapped characters mid expansion, it was not fun to have to sit through time gates, that could be months long depending on how far into the expansion you make the swap, to catch up in the quest line.  It also was pretty tedious to either have your guild run the reroll characters through older raids for the fastest catch up times, or to go find pugs yourself on your weak character for quest progress.  I think the game would be much better if a catch up buff is applied to an account up to the latest progress in the legendary quest, or preferably, a skip up to the latest progress on the account.

What felt missing? - Are there specific features, locations, quests, or characters you'd like to see in the second season?

This is a big ask, but, I would really love to see the patch balance that existed during that time be released alongside the content.  Personally I played disc priest as the first character i raided MoP with and i was pretty disappointed that the most effective thing to do was press penance and holy fire off cool down and spam smite the entire time, I think it would have been fun to be able to experience the different builds and the raid balance around that as it happened during the expansion release.

Any specific suggestions or ideas? - Perhaps you have visions of special events, player integrations, or new features that would enhance the Mistblade experience?

I think the cross play integration is a great thing for the game overall.  I like the idea of being able to choose your racials regardless of your race choice is a good idea.  Personally I am a big raid log enjoyer so I I'm glad to not have to farm AP, M+ etc every week to stay competitive for raid, but aside from raiding and PvP, if you're into that kind of thing, MoP doesn't offer a whole lot of content.  I enjoy the solo experience of things like brawlers guild and the green fire quest line and i think more solo challenges like that added to the game would be a good thing.  Lastly, a vendor that sells respec tomes should be added to shrine of moon/stars.  Its minorly inconvenient  to have to warp to Org/SW to get tomes on characters I haven't stocked up on, and quite frankly its unacceptable.

Thanks for all the work and time that goes into providing this server. I had a lot of fun on MB1 and I hope MB2 goes well.

I loved everything. I just want to suggest that you make Mistblade 1 the core server and this "Mistblade 2" a seasonal realm so that after the progression is over, we can transfer our characters to the core Mistblade 1 and this "Mistblade 2" comes fresh again after 1.5/2 years. Thank you for everything guys, you make the private server scene a better place to play.

• Like 1

Please, strongly consider the ability to pick racials. It is pretty much the best new thing that private servers have started to adopt.

Being railroaded into picking troll/orc is so incredibly boring and it also causes faction imbalance due to how disgustingly op horde racials are and being a minmaxer myself, it felt gross having to play a shoeless hunchback troll yet again in MoP due to how stong their racial is for casters. Being able to play an actually good looking race that you are going to be staring at for hundreds of hours but also not having to deal with having inferior racials will make the experience 1000x better for pretty much every player.

9 minutes ago, Hymzi said:

Please, strongly consider the ability to pick racials. It is pretty much the best new thing that private servers have started to adopt.

Being railroaded into picking troll/orc is so incredibly boring and it also causes faction imbalance due to how disgustingly op horde racials are and being a minmaxer myself, it felt gross having to play a shoeless hunchback troll yet again in MoP due to how stong their racial is for casters. Being able to play an actually good looking race that you are going to be staring at for hundreds of hours but also not having to deal with having inferior racials will make the experience 1000x better for pretty much every player.

So in pvp all players will take human racial. Yeh, nice balance.

42 minutes ago, kysokgovna said:

So in pvp all players will take human racial. Yeh, nice balance.

..Which is what most serious pvpers already do? Lol

Racials in wow in this era are just terribly balanced.

Edited by Hymzi