Realm: Mistblade Mistblade vol.2 Survey - Conquest catch-up & Gear Scaling.

Mistblade vol. 2 - Conquest catch-up & Gear Scaling.  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gear Scaling & Conquest Catch-up QoL systems be available at launch?

• Yes, both these features should be available from the beginning.
    • No, these features should be introduced some time after release.
    • Only Conquest Catch-up system should be available from the beginning.
    • Only Gear Scaling system should be available from the beginning.

• Administrators

We'd like to get some feedback regarding some of the key features for PvP environment on our upcoming fresh MoP realm.
Feel free to vote and share your thoughts here - this will help us in setting up a direction we should head into.

Cheers!

• Like 1

Ban Appeals, shop troubleshooting, account issues etc. -> [email protected]
How To Connect -> LINK
Rules & Guidelines -> LINK
Frequently Asked Questions -> LINK
Stormforge Logs -> LINK
Stormforge Discord -> LINK

Also, 522 ilvl for honor and 550 ilvl for conquest gear is a huge gap, like a 45% difference.
In s13 the honor gear scaled up to 535 instead of 522 and it was much more balanced and enjoyable playing alts.

In MB2 maybe have:
- contender: 450 => 522 ilvl
- honor: 458 => 535 ilvl
- conquest: 483 => 550 ilvl?

• Like 2

• Administrators
11 minutes ago, Zyklonbae said:

Also, 522 ilvl for honor and 550 ilvl for conquest gear is a huge gap, like a 45% difference.
In s13 the honor gear scaled up to 535 instead of 522 and it was much more balanced and enjoyable playing alts.

In MB2 maybe have:
- contender: 450 => 522 ilvl
- honor: 458 => 535 ilvl
- conquest: 483 => 550 ilvl?

And just to clarify, you are basing your argument on a false assumption. All PvP gear always gets scaled up by a flat item level amount, which is (550 - the conquest set's itemlevel). In s13, that means +54 item levels to EVERYTHING, resulting in 530 ilvl honor gear, not 535. In s12, it will be 525, and not 522. In practice, you are arguing for five item levels of difference, whereas item upgrades (which you can earn enough honor for much easier than doing the same for upgrading conquest gear) add an extra 8 item levels, not to mention honor gear has "overbudget" resilience, which is actually a really valuable stat.

So no, in addition to the system not really supporting just setting itemlevels willy-nilly on each individual item (and it would absolutely MURDER every single clientside display and be impossible to verify whether anything even works correctly), it also seems unfounded based on the exact set of information you tried to (and failed to accurately) provide.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jingliu90 said:

Please seperate twink (aka players that used the XP stop feature) and normal brackets

That is a horrible idea. That would like me getting on here and asking that the realm be switched to PvE because I didn't farm all the PvP gear on my 90s and I don't want to get ganked by the groups of people running around the timeless isle in full PvP gear jumping people they find out there alone. If you don't like it, get friends or farm the gear and level the playing field or move to a different area.

MB1 Horde: <I C U N V N Me>
CowMonster, VelcroGloves, ZugZugThug, Lesdyxia, LaxKills, ICritMyKilt, ICritMyCritr, ICritMyPet, ZeroSkills, IsoloedLK, TotemMonkey, Munkfu

MB1 Alliance:
ICritUrMom

Netherwing Alliance:
FuzeeWuzee, VelcroGloves, SumBeech, Anullfisher, ICritMyKilt, ZeroSkills

Bug Report: Netherwing or Mistblade

PvP should be turned off entirely. Let it go.

With the evolution of stats and spells over the years, it became clear that Blizzard would need to create special circumstances for PvP to work. They introduced Resil, PvP Power, gear scaling, Battle Fatigue, diminishing returns, combat timers, items that "cannot be used against players" but can be used against humanoid npc's. Your character has to undergo many changes for PvP to work while no changes are made to your character for PvE. The ability to hit each other is nothing but a bonus, and shouldn't be the core purpose of anyone's gameplay.

2 hours ago, ICritMyKilt said:

That is a horrible idea. That would like me getting on here and asking that the realm be switched to PvE because I didn't farm all the PvP gear on my 90s and I don't want to get ganked by the groups of people running around the timeless isle in full PvP gear jumping people they find out there alone. If you don't like it, get friends or farm the gear and level the playing field or move to a different area.

pvp gear is the absolute worst for world pvp, if you ever go to timeless island with BiS arena gear, you'll have 300k hp less than a nm/hc pve backpedaller, he'll kill you with 2 autoattacs while clicking from spellbook as if you were an npc in his raid lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tiamek said:

With the evolution of stats and spells over the years, it became clear that Blizzard would need to create special circumstances for PvP to work. They introduced Resil, PvP Power, gear scaling, Battle Fatigue, diminishing returns, combat timers, items that "cannot be used against players" but can be used against humanoid npc's. Your character has to undergo many changes for PvP to work while no changes are made to your character for PvE. The ability to hit each other is nothing but a bonus, and shouldn't be the core purpose of anyone's gameplay.

Typical ignorant dragon slayer comment. Warcraft was always about the conflict between Alliance and Horde and in WoW you happen to be a member of each faction. PvP is inevitable as a consequence even if you look at it solely from RP/lore point of view. Most people don't play PvP in WoW because it takes a lot of dedication and knowledge to be actually any decent at it and it's exactly the same with high-end heroic/mythic raiding (most people never clear hardest encounters or heroic at all).

Normally I would be against any catch-up systems but when it comes to WoW PvP on private servers it often lacks players to be healthy so anything that makes more people play it there is good. I also think that both 3v3 solo queue and 1v1 brackets should be added. 

Edited by Someone

2 hours ago, Zyklonbae said:

pvp gear is the absolute worst for world pvp, if you ever go to timeless island with BiS arena gear, you'll have 300k hp less than a nm/hc pve backpedaller, he'll kill you with 2 autoattacs while clicking from spellbook as if you were an npc in his raid lol

I usually run into 5v1 groups and they have no issues killing my ~500 ilvl characters, but maybe that is just my luck and how terrible I am at PvP.

CowMonster, VelcroGloves, ZugZugThug, Lesdyxia, LaxKills, ICritMyKilt, ICritMyCritr, ICritMyPet, ZeroSkills, IsoloedLK, TotemMonkey, Munkfu

MB1 Alliance:
ICritUrMom

Netherwing Alliance:

3 hours ago, Tiamek said:

Quite the contrary, there are many people who focus on PvP and do not enjoy PvE at all.  Having PvP and PvE is wonderful because it attracts more people to the game.  Unfortunately for those of us that are not super PvPers, those that are tend to make a point to remind us repeatedly that we are not PvPers.

I was under the impression that PvP specific stats were because PvPers complained about how good raid gear was for PvP and PvEers complained about PvP gear being totally acceptable for raiding.  I thought because of all the QQ, Blizzard added resilience to the game and then eventually PvP Power and all the balancing and rebalancing and adjustments for diminishing returns, etc.

Edited by ICritMyKilt
  • Like 1

MB1 Alliance:
ICritUrMom

Netherwing Alliance:

1 hour ago, Someone said:

Maybe try to make MB 1 continuous somehow like crossrealm BGs and arenas once MB 2 has last season for a month or two.

Yeah, cross realm dungeons and PvP. I could see an argument for not making raid cross realm to prevent people using their super geared characters from MB1 to carry their not so geared friends to server first clears on MB2, but dungeons on both realms could benefit from shared queues without adversely affecting realm progression.

MB1 Alliance:
ICritUrMom

Netherwing Alliance:

3 hours ago, Keedina said:

congratulations on killing the server with this mop vol2 idea. 

I hope you don't share your normal id with hc, this ends the game for pve players.

Read the topic thoroughly and stop replying with stupid stuff.

To be honest one of the reason that i play less in mistblade 1 was because of the Gear Scaling, don´t get wrong i love pvp, but the problem that i had with that thing is that my set is good in arenas, bg and works fine so far, but outside? the stast, gems, enchants, reforge dont match, in those environment i lose hit and expertice and don´t even talk about mastery and crit and as a BM hunter i was so useless in the world that i start play only pve and get bored as fuck, i lose a few friends that leave the server for that reason, and i don´t know quite well but i think that for that time the server lose a loot of people, i love the server, our work, this is not about a mindless critic but my point of view of that time with the hope that if that was the cause it don´t repeat again.

And u can said that i would get two sets... but that is hard when u don´t even complete 1 for the weekly cap (Conquest), and even if i get one, then i need to do the same for the nexts season and a lot of etc like buy a loot stuff for every set.

btw i learn english cause i like to read, but i don´t know if i write something that can´t be understood

Have a good day, and maybe i see u in Mistblade 2!

23 hours ago, Query said:

Read the topic thoroughly and stop replying with stupid stuff.

It's because of mediocre people like you that this shit that kills the server continues, limiting the player to doing 1 raid a week makes no sense. having the same id for both does not exist, it only exists on this server.

17 hours ago, Keedina said:
It's because of mediocre people like you that this shit that kills the server continues, limiting the player to doing 1 raid a week makes no sense. having the same id for both does not exist, it only exists on this server.

You obviously don't know how the system works to even be able to comment on, you say "it only exists on this server"  but sorry to break it to you, this exists ever since you can switch to Heroic inside the raid for specific bosses.

By saying that it only happens here you're either blind or just really stupid or every other MoP server is broken.

Strict Instance-based Lockout

Used for: All classic raids (Molten Core through Sunwell), Heroic difficulty of Wrath of the Lich King raids through Throne of Thunder, and all Mythic difficulty raids.

• Progress is tied to a fixed instance ID. Once tied to an instance ID, you may not enter any other versions of that raid of that difficulty until your raid lock resets.
  • If other players complete that instance while you are absent, the instance will be empty for you as well, because progress is tied to the instance, and not your character.
  • You may not switch between 10-player and 25-player raid size once locked to one size or the other (does not apply to Mythic which is 20-player only).

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/during-mop-did-normal-and-heroic-raids-shared-lockouts/158360/7

• Like 1