Whats the point of keeping the tbc server alive when Netherwing is literally 100% chinese bots ?
and why even make a 3.3.5 client for it when theres no players on the server...
TBC is my favorite expansion. would be nice if u got rid of the bots and got an actual playerbase for the server.

7 minutes ago, Kartillon said:

Whats the point of keeping the tbc server alive when Netherwing is literally 100% chinese bots ?
TBC is my favorite expansion. would be nice if u got rid of the bots and got an actual playerbase for the server.

i've been leveling a warlock lately on the horde side and didn't see any bot 

i mean we have already players in the server 

45 minutes ago, Kartillon said:

Hello,

First off - majority of bots I find and ban are actually not Chinese at all. Most of our Chinese playerbase are legit and play this game same as you and me friend.
The 3.3.5 client is much better optimized than 2.4.3, however it is completely optional. And it is simply not true that "there are no players on the server"
To your final point - we ban bots every single day - myself personally for many months now. If you see any, feel free to open GM ticket in-game to report them.

Thanks,
GM Pelto

Edited by Pelto

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Starejbar said:

Aaah So thats the reason of so many surprised players being banned for supposedly botting. You sould buy yourself a pair of glasses or better shut the server down for good.

Every player that has been banned for botting is thoroughly reviewed + verified before doing so, and video evidence is gathered. There are no "fake bans" as you are insinuating here.

In addition, any player banned can put in an appeal where a separate game master will review all the details.

The server is not shutting down.

Thanks,
GM Pelto

And in adition, every player´s appeal will be what? Treated Vogon in style?

So the appeal has to be signed in triplicate, sent in, sent back, queried, lost, found, subjected to public enquiry, lost again, and finally buried in soft peat for three months and recycled as firelighters?

And finally rejected without any explanation?

Vivat Vogon admins

Sorry that you are not pleased with how our system works, however it will not be changed. Considering the server is completely free in the first place - and that our Game Masters are fully volunteers, I think one should be pleased with the fact that we take the time to process each appeal we receive with a great amount of time and effort.

Thanks for your feedback,
GM Pelto

15 hours ago, Pelto said:

Sorry that you are not pleased with how our system works, however it will not be changed. Considering the server is completely free in the first place - and that our Game Masters are fully volunteers, I think one should be pleased with the fact that we take the time to process each appeal we receive with a great amount of time and effort.

Thanks for your feedback,
GM Pelto

And yet, you are still doing int wrong. I dont think it matters whether you´re doing it for free or not if you´re doing it wrong. Either you´re commited to the job or not. Anyway I´m not asking you to change your system of bans, I´m just pointing you´re doing poor job, while acting as Mr.Perfect. If you arrogantly deny any appeal without any explanation saying just: the ban stands", it doesn´t seem trustworthy.

On 6/11/2024 at 5:56 PM, Pelto said:

Every player that has been banned for botting is thoroughly reviewed + verified before doing so, and video evidence is gathered. There are no "fake bans" as you are insinuating here.

In addition, any player banned can put in an appeal where a separate game master will review all the details.

The server is not shutting down.

Thanks,
GM Pelto

I got banned for botting recently, tried to appeal, was quoted the rules and told to pound sand. Funny thing is I haven't logged into my account for months. Recently decided to play again and now I cant. No evidence existed

Edited by Zergforlife
Finishing what I wrote

On 6/15/2024 at 3:14 AM, Zergforlife said:

I got banned for botting recently, tried to appeal, was quoted the rules and told to pound sand. Funny thing is I haven't logged into my account for months. Recently decided to play again and now I cant. No evidence existed

Welcome to the club. Same happened to me. Nobody was able to tell me what hack did I use. Only answer was just they saw me botting 😄