Transmog did not exist in 2.4.3, so the short answer is no.

Adding transmog would require significant changes to the game client and the server to add that feature which would mean everyone having to download a new game client and the developers try to avoid that as much as possible.

MB1 Horde: <I C U N V N Me>
CowMonster, VelcroGloves, ZugZugThug, Lesdyxia, LaxKills, ICritMyKilt, ICritMyCritr, ICritMyPet, ZeroSkills, IsoloedLK, TotemMonkey, Munkfu

MB1 Alliance:
ICritUrMom

Netherwing Alliance:
FuzeeWuzee, VelcroGloves, SumBeech, Anullfisher, ICritMyKilt, ZeroSkills, Diabolique

Bug Report: Netherwing or Mistblade

• Administrators

On a technical level, it is probably not super difficult, and idk if it even requires client modifications, but the gist of it is that Wolf is busy enough as is.

7 hours ago, Aithne said:

On a technical level, it is probably not super difficult, and idk if it even requires client modifications, but the gist of it is that Wolf is busy enough as is.

I haven't seen under the hood, but I'll take a stab at a possible scenario.

Okay, so if the goal were to just give you the ability to purchase transmogs from the website without adding extra NPCs and stuff to the game, it could be done by modifying inventory items.  If there were an extra column added to the inventory items table to store the transmog appearance, so you'd have the original item data and the transmog data then you could track and manage that from the website and you'd just need to change the server to send the transmog appearance to the client instead of the original.  I think this is the least amount of change required on the server and shouldn't require any changes to the client, but that does not give any ability to manage transmogs in-game.  If you want the full transmog experience that came in a later expansion and only required farming the original look item and some gold, I can't think of a way that wouldn't require changes to the client and server.  You would need the client to be able to communicate to the server that the character had item of appropriate type and wanted to use it to make their other item look cooler and the server would have to receive this information and make the appropriate changes to the data.

So to achieve the result with transmogs that the admins could sell to the community rather than farming rare looks, yes, that would be fairly easy to achieve with a little modification to the server and adding a new section to the web store.  To do it with in-game NPCs and making it look/work like the blizzard transmog system, I really don't think it would be doable without changes to the client.  Maybe significant changes is a bit over the top, but still, in the past I have seen someone, maybe it was Wolf, that said a request would not be considered unless their were other big changes happening that would also require a client modification and re-download.

CowMonster, VelcroGloves, ZugZugThug, Lesdyxia, LaxKills, ICritMyKilt, ICritMyCritr, ICritMyPet, ZeroSkills, IsoloedLK, TotemMonkey, Munkfu

MB1 Alliance:
ICritUrMom

Netherwing Alliance:
FuzeeWuzee, VelcroGloves, SumBeech, Anullfisher, ICritMyKilt, ZeroSkills, Diabolique

• Administrators

You can do a simple gossip menu as a UI, where you select slot and item and shit as a speech bubble and shit like that.

Thing is, there are just... many more things to do that are a wee bit more important and impact more players than transmog, but only one dev.

24 minutes ago, Aithne said:

You can do a simple gossip menu as a UI, where you select slot and item and shit as a speech bubble and shit like that.

Thing is, there are just... many more things to do that are a wee bit more important and impact more players than transmog, but only one dev.

Simple answer would be more devs, but then I don't know Wolf and he might be OCD about his code like me.  My boss has hired and fired developers because they couldn't keep up and/or their code was shoddy at best.  I do like the idea of the gossip interface as a cheaper, easier way to achieve the goal.  Makes the idea of actually having transmogs feel more possible because it would be far less work to implement than a full proper interface.

MB1 Alliance:
ICritUrMom

Netherwing Alliance:

• Administrators

Even if there were more developers (supply is super low, fwiw), they would be put to use elsewhere. So yeah, transmog, while theoretically possible, is unlikely in the foreseeable future.

It's not completely out of the question though.  Wolf could get bored or inspired and put something together that wasn't planned and it could make its way into the live server.  The easier it is to implement something, the more likely it becomes that it could happen.  Maybe that is only from 1% to 3% probability in this case, but still something for the transmoggers to hope and dream about.  Honestly, I did really enjoy transmogging and reforging to fine tune stats in the later expansions.  Sometimes the gear looks that Blizzard came up with were less than amazing or the mix-and-match between raids was not great.  Transmog also gave a reason to go farm stuff that maybe you wouldn't have if you didn't want that certain look.  Giving people more things to do and more reasons to log on is a good thing.

MB1 Alliance:
ICritUrMom

Netherwing Alliance: