Realm: Netherwing Suggest canceling free repairs from the alliance

it seriously affects how? interacting with that npc got delayed for 30 seconds? if it weren't for these perks i'd be playing majestic cows, faction imbalance ain't fair too, 5.5k HP clothies in battlegrounds with masons fraternity ring no trinkets and level 58 gear ain't fair too but here we are 😛

also, the people who camp quest hubs generally don't care about the repair bill, if they wanna get you they'll get you

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/7/2024 at 10:22 AM, BlueBeats said:

Not necessarily for the reasons you mentioned, but I also think it's a bit overboard part of the perk. And I am an alliance tank

That's because you aren't repairing plate after a night of MH/BT/SWP. That's what makes it a great perk for faction balance, people don't want those hefty repair bills on raid nights.  The fact that horde are complaining about it proves that it is a good perk.  Alliance they don't like it can disable their faction perks and for the horde that don't like that alliance get free repairs and they don't...step into the light, my friend.  Come on over to the alliance and get your perks, or don't, but at least over here you don't have to worry about those free-repair alliance messing with you.  Come make a positive contribution to faction balance.

On 5/21/2024 at 7:24 AM, Zeroskillz said:

That's because you aren't repairing plate after a night of MH/BT/SWP. That's what makes it a great perk for faction balance, people don't want those hefty repair bills on raid nights.  The fact that horde are complaining about it proves that it is a good perk.  Alliance they don't like it can disable their faction perks and for the horde that don't like that alliance get free repairs and they don't...step into the light, my friend.  Come on over to the alliance and get your perks, or don't, but at least over here you don't have to worry about those free-repair alliance messing with you.  Come make a positive contribution to faction balance.

On the contrary, I know exactly what raiding costs feel like; and I’m not referring to Classic raiding—as in 2020—where many of us had everything on speed-clear farm (which still costed more than raiding ever will on this server). Cost of raiding during the original progression era back in 2000s—where we wiped again and again and again and again—was just to figure things out, so that eventually our experiences culminated into all of the guides/videos you have access to on a silver platter in 2024.

“Hefty repair bill”? We paid more in respeccing costs alone. No one on this server even pays 50g for each respec (+dualspec on top of that); and nevermind all of the other bonuses on this server that hasn’t been mentioned yet. Your response only helped prove my point. Again, absolute overkill.

It’s merely my opinion at the end of the day. I don't contribute to running this server nor does my opinion hold any weight. Their server, their rules.

On 4/19/2024 at 3:36 AM, wyy170913 said:
Alliance equipment repair is free of charge. Killing indiscriminately in front of the guards of Quel'Thalas Island. This seriously affects the gaming experience of tribal players.
It's also very unfair.

This seems to be an unintended consequence of the perk. I presume this server's devs/teams didn't consider it as a factor when implementing this no-durability bonus, but that's difficulties of game design. Player base will always find a way to abuse something the devs never intended (in all games, not just WoW). If this was the case, hopefully they find a way to address it. But if they meant it, well… not much we can do. It’s their server.

11 hours ago, BlueBeats said:

This seems to be an unintended consequence of the perk. I presume this server's devs/teams didn't consider it as a factor when implementing this no-durability bonus, but that's difficulties of game design. Player base will always find a way to abuse something the devs never intended (in all games, not just WoW). If this was the case, hopefully they find a way to address it. But if they meant it, well… not much we can do. It’s their server.

jumping from telredor to my death just to ressickness at cenarion refugee to buy arrows is justice