I answered this in another thread on the forums yesterday.

It's not technically disabled. However it does not give bonus honor like rest of BGs - nor is there ever any AV weekend or daily quest. So there is no incentive to queue for it.

The PvP manager is not a fan of this BG because AVs always turn into a 5 minute PvE zerg rush and it takes away activity from other BGs. It is unlikely that it will be changed.

Edited by Matick

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Matick said:

I answered this in another thread on the forums yesterday.

It's not technically disabled. However it does not give bonus honor like rest of BGs - nor is there ever any AV weekend or daily quest. So there is no incentive to queue for it.

The PvP manager is not a fan of this BG because AVs always turn into a 5 minute PvE zerg rush and it takes away activity from other BGs. It is unlikely that it will be changed.

Well this can be easily fixed by making bosses and guards more difficult, also I dont remember any troubles with this on previous 2 servers, AV was quite balanced in terms of win/loss among factions. 3 battlegrounds is extremely boring, especially considering that for some reason alliance wins 90% of the games.
Edit: The last few weeks battleground que wait time has increased to 15+ minutes at prime times, people are tired of the same thing over and over again. Hope to see AV going at least by the season4.

Edited by Tyrnat

• Administrators
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Tyrnat said:

also I dont remember any troubles with this on previous 2 servers

Yes, and at the same time it made all other Battlegrounds dead; no thank you.

Keep in mind that Alterac Valley is not disabled, you can queue and play it if enough people queue as well. Only Honor gained from it was significantly reduced to make other battlegrounds more worthy to play.

PvP Manager,
Tsu.

EDIT: As I stated in the other thread, we might have some plans for the Alterac Valley in the future to make it better and more interesting for players to participate in while not making other battlegrounds obsolete.

Edited by Tsu

13 minutes ago, Tsu said:

Keep in mind that Alterac Valley is not disabled ... honor gained from it was significantly reduced to make other battlegrounds more worthy to play.

I'm not sure that's a very sound justification.  Essentially, you're saying that people preferred playing AV so, to force them into BGs they didn't want to play, you removed the rewards. The implication being that people only do BGs for the rewards.  No fun to be had, just farming points.

Now, as it happens, this is true.  AV is dead.  No amount of queuing will get you into an AV match.  It's just a shame that something fun has be sacrificed to force people into doing something else.  Surely the different marks (AV, AB, WSG, EOS) serve to 'force' participation in the different BGs anyway?  Just change up a few of those so that AV marks are needed for a few things.