Realm: Netherwing Rogue poison quest (Mission: possible but improbable) is bugged

Hi, so I've been trying to complete this quest for about 4 hours now and it seems to be bugged out. First off I'll start by saying I'm a blood elves, and scouring the older wowhead comments it does seem like in the OG TBC code, there were some known bugs concerning this quest with blood elves that would sometimes make the "key abilities" for each mob not work. 
The mutated drones need to be ambushed
The patrollers need to be garroted
The lookouts need to be eviscerated with 1 point
The boss needs to be ambushed

In my case all the abilities seem to work, however half of the kills do not get counted towards the quest.
I currently sit at 1/2 for each of the first 3 sets of mobs. I had 2/2 patrollers and after i managed to get the poison from the chest up top, it went down to 1/2.

This is frustrating now, I've farmed and entire lvl by killing these various mobs and I CANNOT get to 2/2 none of the kills count.
I've successfully pick pocketed the key, the head off of the boss and the poison from the chest.

Is there anything that can be done about this? I do absolutely need my poisons and the thistle tea recipe, while not an indisputable must, is genuinely massive for my DPS in late game content.

My character is Irlianie, Blood Elf rogue.

I've even dropped the quest and picked it back up twice, still the same, a very rare kill will count but then I cannot seem to go to 2/2 and the one time I did with the patrollers, it dropped back down to 1/2 after opening up the poison chest. This makes no sense to me

Thank you! 

• 4 weeks later...

pfQuest add-on causes the issue too - for some reason on this particular quest, the kill tracking breaks with quest addons. Not sure why, and the developer isn't too sure either.

Just need to disable them for this quest. If you still have issues, please open a ticket and we can assist. Thanks!

Edited by Pelto

So i seem to have fixed it. Did the quest again. It still didn't work. 

So being frustrated I logged off and on played on another char with the addons back on.

The next day went back to my rouge just to do something else. But when I logged in the quest said completed. 

So if you are having issues and disabling addons doesn't work try closing the game and open it again. 

Had same issue on another quest and there I just closed the game and logged in again without disabling addons and it worked.

Had to kill a few of the mobs again tho but it didn't get stuck again.