Burning Crusade How do you turn off the experience boost (shows as referral bonus in combat log)?

Go to solution Solved by Matik,

Hi, I'm brand new to private server. Trying this out for the first time. I started a character and I leveled after turning in 1 quest...

Is there a way to turn the experience boost off? I want to relive the original TBC pacing as much as possible.

Edited by BlueBeats

Yes - use the .xp command if you wish to set it to a lower rate.
Additionally if you are Alliance, you have permanent rested XP boost (as a perk). You can disable it with the .toggleAlliancePerks command

Edited by Matik

• 2 weeks later...

Hi so I following up on this; when I type .xp 0 it defaults to x3 rather than disabling.

I double checked by first typing .xp to check status. It shows 3.0 (default) as the current values.

Then I type .xp 0.5-->.xp, and result shows "Your exploration/kill/quest xp rate is 0.5 (modified)." with the 3 categories shows 0.5 below.

Then when I type .xp 0-->.xp, the result shows "Your explor....... rate is 3.0 (default)." with the 3 categories showing 3.0.

Oh wait I might have asked my follow-up question incorrectly. So when I typed .xp 0, I wanted to turn off the BONUS exp gain, not turn exp gain off completely (basically just want to gain experience at the same rate as original TBC without the default 3x boost). 

Is ".xp 0" the wrong command to use in that scenario? Am I supposed to use ".xp 1" to level at same rate as original TBC?

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Hi, I just noticed in the combat log there's still some sort of exp bonus attached to quest turn-ins (Refer-a-friend bonus).

It was a 2000 xp quest turn-in, and bonus was 1333 (so 66%).

Is there a separate command to turn that off? I already have .xp set to 1 and alliance boost toggled off.

EDIT: I just double checked on a quest that yielded 975exp since another system message (in default yellow) says 975 only while the blue message says 975 (+650 refer-a-friend). I calculated and checked that I only gained 975 amount on my exp bar, so I think it's just the experience message (the default blue in chat settings) that is still displaying the bonus exp.

Edited by BlueBeats

On 4/19/2024 at 4:33 PM, Matik said:

Are you playing on TBC realm? If so, do the following
.xp 1
.toggleAlliancePerks

It seems we're experiencing a constant server instability of some sort 😞

It restarts too often. 

What is about .toggleAlliancePerks ??? And why is not .xp 1 by default ??? Or at least a max .xp 2. Because .xp 3 default is a bit too much, really 😐

Edited by Scavitza

• Administrators

Alliance perks are separate from the .xprate command. The latter works for Horde too, the former is just an Alliance guarantee, and it results in x6 mob experience and x3 quest experience.

And an overwhelming majority of players choose to level with increased xp rates, making them work for x3 would not be a good decision on our part. The higher xp rate, after all, is a selling point of the server.

6 minutes ago, Aithne said:

Alliance perks are separate from the .xprate command. The latter works for Horde too, the former is just an Alliance guarantee, and it results in x6 mob experience and x3 quest experience.

And an overwhelming majority of players choose to level with increased xp rates, making them work for x3 would not be a good decision on our part. The higher xp rate, after all, is a selling point of the server.

Nice and i also getting dead after server restart on combat field, although i was full HP on restart. Something is off.