Realm: Netherwing [Hunter] Gameplay , Gear and DPS

Hello everyones ! 

I'm BM Hunt with low experience on TBC .

I do some Gruul/ Maghte and KZ, ZA (normal) and 3 first boss of SSC for now with my Guild .

I have all item WE Can buy with emblems and some ZA Gear and DST.

But , even i'm often 1st dps , i have the feeling that i Can/should do more DPS than this ...

I read a lot of theorycrafting about stacking Armor penetration, haste etc .... But its hard to know what to do .

For now i have 900+ Armor Pen, but just 21% cc (with Hawk activate )

I have 143 hit rating too and maybe it too high ... But its hard to find good Gear with no hit or haste or Armor Pen ...

(I'm not even sure to rly want T5 with all that hit ....) 

For m'y rotations y play 1:1 until i go under 1,50 speed atack , and play 2:3 .

So , do you have some tips ? Am i wrong ? What Can i change ? 

(For now i will try to drop 2nd Bad mojo , belt ZA with cc and buy wrist cc with emblems)

Hello. A few things:

1) Your 'rotation' seems to be backwards. You generally want to use a 2:3 SS rotation until you are below 1.6 speed, THEN you want to swap to a 1:1 rotation. Speaking of rotation, you will do more damage on single-target fights (most bosses) if you spam only SS--this means that if you are using Arcane or Multi-shot in your single-target rotation, please remove it.

2) Once you are consistently around 30%, maybe 35% crit while raid buffed, you'll want to swap your pet to a Wind Serpent (you may be using a Ravager now.)

3) I've seen the Classic github sim recommended by some of the endgame T6 raiders so it may help you out as well when weighing all these ArP and Haste values and swapping gear, etc. https://wowsims.github.io/tbc/hunter/ The sim does handle Haste a bit weird, likely due to the fact that Classic servers do not allow a 2:3 SS rotation and forces all Hunters to use 1:1.

Personally, I'm not the most knowledgeable when it comes to stacking ArP (say, over Haste or whatever.) Your two Daggers will last you until Sunwell so I personally wouldn't replace them. The ZA belt is better than the badge belt but I believe both phys damage belts out of Hyjal are better, so it depends on which one is easier for you to get. I'd look into buying the LW crafted bracers (of Lightning Reflexes) over badge bracers.

Posted (edited)
On 3/16/2024 at 4:41 PM, Gondola said:

Hello. A few things:

1) Your 'rotation' seems to be backwards. You generally want to use a 2:3 SS rotation until you are below 1.6 speed, THEN you want to swap to a 1:1 rotation. Speaking of rotation, you will do more damage on single-target fights (most bosses) if you spam only SS--this means that if you are using Arcane or Multi-shot in your single-target rotation, please remove it.

2) Once you are consistently around 30%, maybe 35% crit while raid buffed, you'll want to swap your pet to a Wind Serpent (you may be using a Ravager now.)

3) I've seen the Classic github sim recommended by some of the endgame T6 raiders so it may help you out as well when weighing all these ArP and Haste values and swapping gear, etc. https://wowsims.github.io/tbc/hunter/ The sim does handle Haste a bit weird, likely due to the fact that Classic servers do not allow a 2:3 SS rotation and forces all Hunters to use 1:1.

Personally, I'm not the most knowledgeable when it comes to stacking ArP (say, over Haste or whatever.) Your two Daggers will last you until Sunwell so I personally wouldn't replace them. The ZA belt is better than the badge belt but I believe both phys damage belts out of Hyjal are better, so it depends on which one is easier for you to get. I'd look into buying the LW crafted bracers (of Lightning Reflexes) over badge bracers.

Thx a lot for this post .

I will try 2:3 rotation until 1.6.

But i thought MS as higher DPS than a AS or SS , so 5:5:1:1 (french rotation) isnt better until 1.6 for 1:1 ?? 

And yes i use ravager because in dont have enought cc yet , only 25% unbuff , but it will change soon with a New Helm and leta gem 3% cc

Edited by badwulf

Also , when you Said 2:3 its two steady shot for 3 auto like : SS , as , SS, as , as ? 

And yes i do 2-3 Times ZA each week but Never Seen belt or either BC or bow yet 

And for now i put some oil mana regen on m'y weapon too and play agi élixir with widsom élixir to maximise mana and cc 

But when il reach 28 or 30 % cc unbuff i will go Flask 120Pa and wind serpents (already trained )

On 3/23/2024 at 2:26 PM, badwulf said:

Also , when you Said 2:3 its two steady shot for 3 auto like : SS , as , SS, as , as ? 

And yes i do 2-3 Times ZA each week but Never Seen belt or either BC or bow yet 

And for now i put some oil mana regen on m'y weapon too and play agi élixir with widsom élixir to maximise mana and cc 

But when il reach 28 or 30 % cc unbuff i will go Flask 120Pa and wind serpents (already trained )

I sometimes get 2:3 and 3:2 backwards. Either way, the idea is 3 steady shots for every 2 autos.

Most run weightstones on their (mace) weapons, for the bonus to ranged damage and crit. I'm not too knowledgable when it comes to mana oil proficiency. And by wisdom elixir, I assume you mean Draenic Wisdom? Use Major Mageblood instead.