Hello!I have few suggestions for custom World PVP Events after the new PVP season will start at 27 March and (IMO) there will be kinda decent wave of new player base and a lot of old players as well might return.

● Random zone that will turn into a * Free for all PVP Zone * for a certain amount of time.The rewards should (IMO) be Conquest Points {Per kill - 10 to 15 conquest or a certain amount of conquest by NPC quest after you make some specific PK number} and some amount of gold {Because this is one of the biggest struggle for the PVP-ers}

● Custom made World Boss - This can bring a lot of PVP-ers from horde and aliance to fight each other for some decent PVP rewards {Like to have chance to drop 100% Honor Gear arts,but below 5 to 10% to drop some BIS items.The Boss can be spawned in any point of the World Zones from 2 to 3 times in a Week.

● PvP tournament lead by one of the GMs atleast once in a week? - Yes correct,it sound crazy by why not? This will lead to more close relationship between the Staff and the players at all, which will lead to a positive things in general {IMO}.

● Rated Battleground Solo-Que option - I will repeat my self from my last Post.

● Racial Swap Option by NPC in-game? -Again i repeat my self.. After 27 March probably the best moment for doing it. That can balance the both Factions in PVP .Because server without Horde into the PVP scene, it's not the same - Aliance vs Horde is the thing ,not Aliance vs Aliance...🙂

As HC PVP-er i can tell you that ;

The Rewards at all {IMO} have to be worthwhile in order to gain the player interest - Im not saying to give them just like that.Make us to work our a$$e$ for it ,but at the same time to be worth for our time. This is my opinion - Agree or Not.I want to help with what i can!

P.S - Im sorry for my English.Peace!🙂

Edited by Escada

• Administrators

1. FFA - Not sure if it's technically possible.
3. Tournaments. I have already tried doing this, most of pvpers did not want to play against others, wanted ultra big real money prize or didn't like the rules.
4. Rated bg soloq is considerable.
5. I have no idea what is the current state of racial swap development tbf.

I do appreciate all the ideas. Will ask Chris what he thinks about it.

• Like 1

Ban Appeals, shop troubleshooting, account issues etc. -> [email protected]
How To Connect -> LINK
Rules & Guidelines -> LINK
Frequently Asked Questions -> LINK
Stormforge Logs -> LINK
Stormforge Discord -> LINK

39 minutes ago, Crysis said:

1. FFA - Not sure if it's technically possible.
3. Tournaments. I have already tried doing this, most of pvpers did not want to play against others, wanted ultra big real money prize or didn't like the rules.
4. Rated bg soloq is considerable.
5. I have no idea what is the current state of racial swap development tbf.

I do appreciate all the ideas. Will ask Chris what he thinks about it.

Really appericate the reply ! 

• 2 weeks later...

The battlegrounds are boring - if we win, there is no resistance of the opposite side. If we lose, we can't do any resistance. Full dis-balance of the teams on almost every BG.

My suggestion: disable any premade groups and any factions please; the only criteria to build the teams should be the balance between them.

1 hour ago, Nikanor said:

The battlegrounds are boring - if we win, there is no resistance of the opposite side. If we lose, we can't do any resistance. Full dis-balance of the teams on almost every BG.

My suggestion: disable any premade groups and any factions please; the only criteria to build the teams should be the balance between them.

I don't think that would achieve balance.  Just randomly placing people on both sides of the map doesn't really give you balance and even if you took it a step further and looked at PvP history like total honorable kills or quality/amount of PvP gear, gear and points do not mean the player is a good PvPer.  I can queue for BGs with my full PvE gear and get HKs and farm up honor to buy gear.  I could even get arena carries for gear.  None of that would mean I was any good at all.  You'd still be subject to the RNG and you'd just be hoping that enough actual good players were sorted to each side to make it a good match.

Now if there was a pre-made vs pre-made system where you could selectively choose your team and a horde and an alliance group coordinated a scheduled time, just like scheduling a raid, where both teams will show up and bring their best people.  I think that might give you some balance and a real challenge for both sides.  If you bring the guy who has PvE gear or has PvP gear because his older brother farmed it for him, that would be your fault.  It would be great if there was a calendar interface where you could form a pre-made and put out your availability for matches and other pre-mades could send challenges during that availability for you to accept, but that is probably more work than anyone wants to invest into BGs.

MB1 Horde: <I C U N V N Me>
CowMonster, VelcroGloves, ZugZugThug, Lesdyxia, LaxKills, ICritMyKilt, ICritMyCritr, ICritMyPet, ZeroSkills, IsoloedLK, TotemMonkey, Munkfu

MB1 Alliance:
ICritUrMom

Netherwing Alliance:
FuzeeWuzee, VelcroGloves, SumBeech, Anullfisher, ICritMyKilt, ZeroSkills

Bug Report: Netherwing or Mistblade

• Administrators
22 hours ago, ICritMyKilt said:

Just randomly placing people on both sides of the map doesn't really give you balance

Statistically, randomly placing people IS balance. It will result in an exactly 50-50 winrate for either side. That's about as balanced as you can get. Individual players' winrates will, of course, depend on their actual skill, but the average expected skill level of both sides will be the same.

1 hour ago, Aithne said:

Statistically, randomly placing people IS balance. It will result in an exactly 50-50 winrate for either side. That's about as balanced as you can get. Individual players' winrates will, of course, depend on their actual skill, but the average expected skill level of both sides will be the same.

It averages out because you get stomped one round and win another, but his utopian dream is for each match to be a balanced and fair fight which would not happen with rng placement of people. That's his whole complaint that matches are very one-sided, sometimes in his favor and sometimes not.

CowMonster, VelcroGloves, ZugZugThug, Lesdyxia, LaxKills, ICritMyKilt, ICritMyCritr, ICritMyPet, ZeroSkills, IsoloedLK, TotemMonkey, Munkfu

MB1 Alliance:
ICritUrMom

Netherwing Alliance:

• Administrators

In other competitive team vs team games, it is said that about 30% of the matches you participate in are either lost or won in the pre-match lobby, and that is WITH MMR-based matchmaking. Of course all matches ever played will not be "close" and skill-matchups.

5 minutes ago, Aithne said:

In other competitive team vs team games, it is said that about 30% of the matches you participate in are either lost or won in the pre-match lobby, and that is WITH MMR-based matchmaking. Of course all matches ever played will not be "close" and skill-matchups.

Which is why I said he can't achieve balance with his method. Yes, statistical balance, but not what he wants for balance.

MB1 Alliance:
ICritUrMom

Netherwing Alliance: