Burning Crusade alternative to honor grind / spend excess arena points / s3 offsets for arena points in addition to honor

hi,

on a lot of characters i reached the 5000 arena points limit but i have no items to buy however some of these characters do not have s3 off pieces yet and since bg farming is one of the most boring things for some people i want to suggest selling these bg items for arena points as well as honor to give people an alternative who prefer to not play bgs.

feel free to comment and let me know what you think about it

I think that would kill BGs even more so idk if that's a good thing. Especially for those who will make a completely fresh alt or just start to play here it would be a problem if BG queues become even longer.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

@nerdstomper As we already talked a few days ago, I think the change you suggested of adding an alternative source for offsets and other items originally available for Honor Points to be purchased with Arena Points is okay.

The vendor with those will more then likely come live during the midseason of Season 4.

If you have suggestions on what items should vendor sell on top of offsets, rings, neck, trinkets. I am open to hearing all of it.

Not everybody finds BG's tedious.  Personally, I far prefer them over arena (which I never play).  BG's feel more 'real' to me.  You never know who you're going to be teamed up with or who you're going to face.  It's about responding quickly to the actions of 30 other players.  Arena to me feels like a sub-set of battlegrounds. I know many (if not most people) consider arena to be the PVP 'pinnacle', but is that just because it is rewarded with better gear?  If it had always been the other way round - that arena points bought less powerful gear than honor - would people then consider BG's to be the pinnacle, I wonder?

As a counter to your question - why not let arena gear be purchased with honor, at a premium rate?

• 2 weeks later...