Burning Crusade Make unpicked herbs eventually despawn so that a new herb node can be used

I'm leveling herbalism right now in Elwynn Forest and found literally zero herbs in the popular part of the zone and a TON of herbs (like 10 nodes on a single screen) on the unpopular part. You can see what I mean in the image below. I believe the way this server does herbs is that there are a limited amount of herb nodes that can be up at any given time. That means that over a long period of time the popular part of the zone will get picked over and over until the only herb nodes left up are the ones in unpopular areas. An example of a problematic zone for this is Silverpine forest, because eventually the Strangekelp in the ocean are a huge amount of the nodes currently up. 

I recommend to despawn nodes if they haven't be picked after 2 hours and then instantly spawn a new node when that happens. This way herbs should naturally "reset" to a more uniform distribution in the zones which would make herbalism a lot better experience (especially for new player who will make snap judgments about the server based on early experiences with herbalism/mining).

image.thumb.png.d9c493d8414b5ff19ed4c5dc105b2c7f.png

Go pick the stranglekelp. This seems like a non-issue with a simple solution. Just because youwant to only farm your preferred area doesn't mean the game should be altered.

On 2/29/2024 at 12:32 PM, Mec said:

I'm leveling herbalism right now in Elwynn Forest and found literally zero herbs in the popular part of the zone and a TON of herbs (like 10 nodes on a single screen) on the unpopular part. You can see what I mean in the image below. I believe the way this server does herbs is that there are a limited amount of herb nodes that can be up at any given time. That means that over a long period of time the popular part of the zone will get picked over and over until the only herb nodes left up are the ones in unpopular areas. An example of a problematic zone for this is Silverpine forest, because eventually the Strangekelp in the ocean are a huge amount of the nodes currently up. 

I recommend to despawn nodes if they haven't be picked after 2 hours and then instantly spawn a new node when that happens. This way herbs should naturally "reset" to a more uniform distribution in the zones which would make herbalism a lot better experience (especially for new player who will make snap judgments about the server based on early experiences with herbalism/mining).

image.thumb.png.d9c493d8414b5ff19ed4c5dc105b2c7f.png

MB1 Horde: <I C U N V N Me>
CowMonster, VelcroGloves, ZugZugThug, Lesdyxia, LaxKills, ICritMyKilt, ICritMyCritr, ICritMyPet, ZeroSkills, IsoloedLK, TotemMonkey, Munkfu

MB1 Alliance:
ICritUrMom

Netherwing Alliance:
FuzeeWuzee, VelcroGloves, SumBeech, Anullfisher, ICritMyKilt, ZeroSkills, Diabolique

Bug Report: Netherwing or Mistblade