Realm: Mistblade Merging both Mistblade realms and character question

Hello,

Can anyone elaborate on the following sentences, mentioned in the Mistblade vol.2 Announcement please?

"Our team does not plan to close Mistblade - it’s gonna stay as it is, until the second chapter comes to an end. When it happens, we’ll merge two realms into one and then its’ future is going to be decided. "

Specifically what happens to the characters inside these realms when this merge happens? I have 70vl monk on the the first one and when they merge, does that mean that I will be able to access it in the new merged realm or I need to start over? I know I can't transfer characters from S1 to S2 now, but what about the future when they are eventually one realm?

Thanks.

• Administrators

You answered yourself.
Characters from MB1 will merge with characters on MB2. You will simply have them all on one realm.

Ban Appeals, shop troubleshooting, account issues etc. -> [email protected]
How To Connect -> LINK
Rules & Guidelines -> LINK
Frequently Asked Questions -> LINK
Stormforge Logs -> LINK
Stormforge Discord -> LINK

When that happens, what will you do about duplicate names and realm first achievements?  So if I were to roll another character with the same name or someone took my name when they jumped on MB2, would my MB1 character be forced to change names when the merge happened?  If the realms merged and I had a mage on my account with the same name on each realm, would those characters become one character merging achievements and having all the gear and stuff mailed from the MB1 mage to the MB2 mage?

What about the realm first achievements for like boss kills and first character of race/class to 90?  Would there be two characters with the first Tauren Druid to 90 with different dates or would one of them be wiped out during the merger?

MB1 Horde: <I C U N V N Me>
CowMonster, VelcroGloves, ZugZugThug, Lesdyxia, LaxKills, ICritMyKilt, ICritMyCritr, ICritMyPet, ZeroSkills, IsoloedLK, TotemMonkey, Munkfu

MB1 Alliance:
ICritUrMom

Netherwing Alliance:
FuzeeWuzee, VelcroGloves, SumBeech, Anullfisher, ICritMyKilt, ZeroSkills, Diabolique

Bug Report: Netherwing or Mistblade

• Administrators
34 minutes ago, ICritMyKilt said:

When that happens, what will you do about duplicate names and realm first achievements?  So if I were to roll another character with the same name or someone took my name when they jumped on MB2, would my MB1 character be forced to change names when the merge happened?  If the realms merged and I had a mage on my account with the same name on each realm, would those characters become one character merging achievements and having all the gear and stuff mailed from the MB1 mage to the MB2 mage?

What about the realm first achievements for like boss kills and first character of race/class to 90?  Would there be two characters with the first Tauren Druid to 90 with different dates or would one of them be wiped out during the merger?

One of the characters would be flagged for a rename, not sure which one though.

achievements should stay as they were.

Ban Appeals, shop troubleshooting, account issues etc. -> [email protected]
How To Connect -> LINK
Rules & Guidelines -> LINK
Frequently Asked Questions -> LINK
Stormforge Logs -> LINK
Stormforge Discord -> LINK

5 minutes ago, Crysis said:

One of the characters would be flagged for a rename, not sure which one though.

achievements should stay as they were.

What about if I have a full roster of characters on MB2 and there is no room to merge more characters?

Personally, I think if you could work out adding all the items from characters on MB1 to the mailbox of the character with the same name/class/account on MB2 it would be the best possible outcome for the players.  What good would 2 level 90 same class/race on one account do me?  If I could get all the gold and gear from the one on the other though and only have 1 character of that race/class on my account that would be ideal.

CowMonster, VelcroGloves, ZugZugThug, Lesdyxia, LaxKills, ICritMyKilt, ICritMyCritr, ICritMyPet, ZeroSkills, IsoloedLK, TotemMonkey, Munkfu

MB1 Alliance:
ICritUrMom

Netherwing Alliance:
FuzeeWuzee, VelcroGloves, SumBeech, Anullfisher, ICritMyKilt, ZeroSkills, Diabolique

I could see the rename thing sucking for some like if I have a name from MB1, but someone else got my name on MB2, chances are that I created my character first and it wouldn't be fair for me to have to rename during the merge, but on the flip side of that, pre-merger someone couldn't go roll characters on MB1 with the same name as people on MB2 that they want to screw with to make them have to change their name...or in the reverse if the MB1 characters were forced to rename.

MB1 Alliance:
ICritUrMom

Netherwing Alliance:

46 minutes ago, Crysis said:

Well, we still have time to solve such issues.

That's why I'm asking now instead of 10 minutes to merger. We can't expect you fellas to over analyze and think of everything on your own. 😉

MB1 Alliance:
ICritUrMom

Netherwing Alliance:

• Administrators

There are lots of sensible and easy ways to achieve this, including case-by-case manual intervention, but there are also great parameters to default to such as level or playtime. But we'll get there when we get there.

8 minutes ago, Aithne said:

There are lots of sensible and easy ways to achieve this, including case-by-case manual intervention, but there are also great parameters to default to such as level or playtime. But we'll get there when we get there.

Case-by-case seems like an overwhelming nightmare.  Being that I have a tendency to over think things, I would probably create a web-based tool for users to be able to view their MB1 and MB2 accounts and have some options for merging the data.  That would put handling it off the admins and on to the users, but with pre-defined restrictions on what they can do with it.  For example, you have a list of MB1 characters on your account and maybe one of the options is to move all of the gold and the gear from a character on MB1 account to your choice of characters on your MB2 account.  Once that process is completed the character on MB1 is removed or at least everything that was moved is removed from the MB1 account.  Then I'd give a time limit before the MB1 accounts are purged and the server completely shut down.  If you want your MB1 characters and all their stuff then get it sorted by certain date. There could also be an option if you have a character on your MB1 account and room on your MB2 account then move that character completely from MB1 to MB2 or maybe even the ability to create a new account and move characters from MB1 to your second MB2 account.

MB1 Alliance:
ICritUrMom

Netherwing Alliance:

Just now, Aithne said:

You're way overthinking it, accounts can support more than 11 characters.

I told you, I have a tendency to over think things. 😄

MB1 Alliance:
ICritUrMom

Netherwing Alliance:

• Administrators

Yeah no if we manage to get char trading up and running by then (so that excess characters can be moved off an account to be playable elsewhere, cuz the client doesn't actually display them), the only conflict is going to be names, which we'll just figure out a default for and manually intervene as needed.

Really, the reason we treat it is as "no big deal" is because it isn't one.

• 5 months later...
16 hours ago, Mkz said:

How the heck do ppl get their chars from s1 to s2? i've started playing again and been trying to find a topic about it but im clueless..

would like to know too if this is possible..

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...