Go to solution Solved by Crysis,

Really not sure how GM tickets are actually handled, so it may already be this way, but if it isn't then this would be my suggestion...

So everything is stored in SQL tables on the server, right? Including the tickets put in by users, right?

Assuming the answer to the first two questions is yes then do GMs currently have to be logged into a game client to actually answer those tickets?

If the answer is again yes, then I would suggest an interface build into the website for GMs to access those in-game tickets and respond.  More features could be worked on to give the web-based panel the same sort of GM powers as an in-game GM would have access to, but at the very least the ability to read and respond.  I can only speak from my personal situation, but I could receive e-mail/push notifications and respond while at work in an app, but my boss would frown on me sitting and monitoring tickets with WoW loaded at my desk.  I'm a senior software engineer, so I'm at a desk surrounded by computers most of the day.  I don't know about any of the GMs, but if any of them have a situation similar to mine, it might make answering tickets more convenient.

MB1 Horde: <I C U N V N Me>
CowMonster, VelcroGloves, ZugZugThug, Lesdyxia, LaxKills, ICritMyKilt, ICritMyCritr, ICritMyPet, ZeroSkills, IsoloedLK, TotemMonkey, Munkfu

MB1 Alliance:
ICritUrMom

Netherwing Alliance:
FuzeeWuzee, VelcroGloves, SumBeech, Anullfisher, ICritMyKilt, ZeroSkills, Diabolique

Bug Report: Netherwing or Mistblade

• Administrators
  • Solution
On 12/27/2023 at 7:00 PM, ICritMyKilt said:

Really not sure how GM tickets are actually handled, so it may already be this way, but if it isn't then this would be my suggestion...

So everything is stored in SQL tables on the server, right? Including the tickets put in by users, right?

Assuming the answer to the first two questions is yes then do GMs currently have to be logged into a game client to actually answer those tickets?

If the answer is again yes, then I would suggest an interface build into the website for GMs to access those in-game tickets and respond.  More features could be worked on to give the web-based panel the same sort of GM powers as an in-game GM would have access to, but at the very least the ability to read and respond.  I can only speak from my personal situation, but I could receive e-mail/push notifications and respond while at work in an app, but my boss would frown on me sitting and monitoring tickets with WoW loaded at my desk.  I'm a senior software engineer, so I'm at a desk surrounded by computers most of the day.  I don't know about any of the GMs, but if any of them have a situation similar to mine, it might make answering tickets more convenient.

I don't really think that website GM panel would really help since huge part of tickets must be verified and eventually solved in game anyway. It would be literally double-work.

Ban Appeals, shop troubleshooting, account issues etc. -> [email protected]
How To Connect -> LINK
Rules & Guidelines -> LINK
Frequently Asked Questions -> LINK
Stormforge Logs -> LINK
Stormforge Discord -> LINK

It would be a fairly massive project to make it be able to review logs and handle everything outside the game, but even being able to read the tickets and respond to the ones that could easily be handled while riding in the car or sitting with nothing better to do at work would cut down on the number waiting for you when you get home and log on.  I had been working on something like that when I built a cata server for my kids.  The kids didn't really play it, so I mothballed everything.

CowMonster, VelcroGloves, ZugZugThug, Lesdyxia, LaxKills, ICritMyKilt, ICritMyCritr, ICritMyPet, ZeroSkills, IsoloedLK, TotemMonkey, Munkfu

MB1 Alliance:
ICritUrMom

Netherwing Alliance:
FuzeeWuzee, VelcroGloves, SumBeech, Anullfisher, ICritMyKilt, ZeroSkills, Diabolique

• Administrators

I mean, there were some plans to create at least a part of what you are talking about but I simply do not think is THAT useful, if in the end I gotta log into the game for most cases.

Ban Appeals, shop troubleshooting, account issues etc. -> [email protected]
How To Connect -> LINK
Rules & Guidelines -> LINK
Frequently Asked Questions -> LINK
Stormforge Logs -> LINK
Stormforge Discord -> LINK

I think it could be made more useful over time, but it would be a question of how many resources and how much time is diverted to it to decide if it is worth it or not.  All of the relevent data should be stored in the database, so it would be a matter of creating views for the data and a system for manipulating it; like being able to review a log and see that they had the item, but it was disenchanted and then press a button that would place the item back in their inventory and remove the enchanting mats, if you decided to restore the item.  Being able to move a player that is stuck or in an area they shouldn't be able to get to back to the location of their hearth stone even if it is on CD.

MB1 Alliance:
ICritUrMom

Netherwing Alliance: