You have to understand that, just like blizzard, fighting bots is a on going task.

Here is simpler for them because they can register free accounts. 

You can't IP ban them either because they can just use VPNs.

There's always anti cheat improvements going on to try and mitigate this issue.

You should go to wow classic then and see what mass botting actually is btw 🙂

2 hours ago, Crysis said:

How many have you reported so far?

I'm guessing, probably none.  I get the impression that people think that GMs sit on the server all day and watch everybody and catch bots and instantly ban them without being notified of their presence.

Wait...what do you mean you weren't aware that you weren't supposed to have a life, Crysis? 🤪

Edited by ICritMyKilt

MB1 Horde: <I C U N V N Me>
CowMonster, VelcroGloves, ZugZugThug, Lesdyxia, LaxKills, ICritMyKilt, ICritMyCritr, ICritMyPet, ZeroSkills, IsoloedLK, TotemMonkey, Munkfu

MB1 Alliance:
ICritUrMom

Netherwing Alliance:
FuzeeWuzee, VelcroGloves, SumBeech, Anullfisher, ICritMyKilt, ZeroSkills, Diabolique

Bug Report: Netherwing or Mistblade

• Administrators

Let me put it this way: if there was a magical crystal ball that instantly told us whether every single character currently online (several thousand during peak hours) is a bot, we'd be living a very happy life. There isn't one, however.

24 minutes ago, breeland said:

That is such a Chad response. Nobody likes a suck-up. Bots are a MASSIVE issue, maybe if there were more posts about it they would actually do something about it. 1/2 the population are bots. 

More posts will not solve anything - as the GMs are aware of the issue and ban them whenever possible. It's just whenever they are banned, they are quickly replaced, and the GMs can not be around 24/7 to only be patrolling zones and banning bots.

If you see any - feel free to report through in-game ticket. You can also DM them to Crysis or Etherious in discord.

10 hours ago, breeland said:

That is such a Chad response. Nobody likes a suck-up. Bots are a MASSIVE issue, maybe if there were more posts about it they would actually do something about it. 1/2 the population are bots. 

Who's Chad? Anyway, yes, bots are an issue just as they were in retail MoP. Just like in retail, if you report then ban hammers will come. See something, say something. There are not enough GMs to monitor everything constantly or to give instant answers to tickets. They also need time to investigate claims otherwise you could say something I don't like and I could report you as a bot. If they didn't take the time to look at my claim and just smacked you with the ban hammer that would not be right. That means that when people do stupid stuff and put in bad tickets, that takes up more of the GM time to review that ticket. It is a process and unfortunately with free accounts, the bots can get banned and generate 20 new accounts and go right back to work.

MB1 Horde: <I C U N V N Me>
CowMonster, VelcroGloves, ZugZugThug, Lesdyxia, LaxKills, ICritMyKilt, ICritMyCritr, ICritMyPet, ZeroSkills, IsoloedLK, TotemMonkey, Munkfu

MB1 Alliance:
ICritUrMom

Netherwing Alliance:
FuzeeWuzee, VelcroGloves, SumBeech, Anullfisher, ICritMyKilt, ZeroSkills, Diabolique

Bug Report: Netherwing or Mistblade

• Crysis locked this topic