Burning Crusade Humble suggestion to tweak current matchmaking ( we took a big step towards improvement imo)

Go to solution Solved by Tsu,

I am aware the issue was that for example teams of 2.2k rating and higher would get really long queues so you introduced a wider possible rating in matchmaking. That's fine. But most of the population don't have that rating, and this ended up affecting teams in between 1.8k and 2k the most. 

I am sure also you know what the issues are now and the high probability of getting +1+4 and getting matched with a very low team/getting matched with the same high team over and over. 

Why not adding a time incrementconditional? For example in the first minute of queue (or even 30s) the max rating difference for matchmaking is 50, then it increases by 50/100 every 30s or a minute?  And prioritizing perhaps lower ratings than yours up to 200 in the increment? Just an idea 

Hope it's not redundant, maybe you thought of it already. Cheers

That sounds like a great idea.  I'm sure a lot of arena teams would agree that they could handle a little longer queue time if it meant possibly getting to face different teams or not the same team with a much higher rating.  If they queue goes on too long, fine let me face the guys who are out of my league, but at least I had a solid shot in the first minute or two of getting someone with a fairer match up.

MB1 Horde: <I C U N V N Me>
CowMonster, VelcroGloves, ZugZugThug, Lesdyxia, LaxKills, ICritMyKilt, ICritMyCritr, ICritMyPet, ZeroSkills, IsoloedLK, TotemMonkey, Munkfu

MB1 Alliance:
ICritUrMom

Netherwing Alliance:
FuzeeWuzee, VelcroGloves, SumBeech, Anullfisher, ICritMyKilt, ZeroSkills, Diabolique

Bug Report: Netherwing or Mistblade

45 minutes ago, Tsu said:

This is exactly how it works right now.

That's awesome.

MB1 Horde: <I C U N V N Me>
CowMonster, VelcroGloves, ZugZugThug, Lesdyxia, LaxKills, ICritMyKilt, ICritMyCritr, ICritMyPet, ZeroSkills, IsoloedLK, TotemMonkey, Munkfu

MB1 Alliance:
ICritUrMom

Netherwing Alliance:
FuzeeWuzee, VelcroGloves, SumBeech, Anullfisher, ICritMyKilt, ZeroSkills, Diabolique

Bug Report: Netherwing or Mistblade

On 12/20/2023 at 12:06 AM, Tsu said:

This is exactly how it works right now.

Ah really? Because I did not really experience this in 3s. 

Say there were 4 or 5 teams queing, some of them around 1.8k, 1.9k and 1 around 2.1k/2.2k, my team was 2k, we kept finding mostly the same 2.1k team. And queues were instant. 

Could have been just a case I guess. Or maybe the 2.1/2.2k didn't have other people close enough in rating like us?  

In another few instances we qued up after a team that was 1800+ and instead found a 1500. Could again be just the case in point but I heard multiple people complaining about the new MM. 

Thanks for your answer either way 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, pulsesmusic said:

In another few instances we qued up after a team that was 1800+ and instead found a 1500. Could again be just the case in point but I heard multiple people complaining about the new MM. 

These are cases we are trying to crack down as we are working on improving the pairing system.

1 hour ago, pulsesmusic said:

Could have been just a case I guess. Or maybe the 2.1/2.2k didn't have other people close enough in rating like us?  

Not sure how long ago was this. We had a slight bug in a pairing system not so long ago where 2.2K+ teams could sat in a queue for up to 6-10 minutes even though there were teams eligible for them to be paired against. We reverted to another pairing system from Netherwing release while working on fixing up the new one as it was far superior in terms of properly pairing teams but not on 2.2K+.

• 2 weeks later...