Realm: Mistblade Couple of things i've noticed about pvp

Conquest gear does not give resil, unlike honor gear, idk if it's supposed to be like that.
my 450 int stam quest staff has much more damage than 470 conquest int stam staff (almost the same amount as agi one which is hilarious), i play mw monk so yes, i need that extra damage, it can be crucial in executing low hp ppl on arenas.
Conquest trinket set gives the same amount of resil as the honor set.
The arena time is way too long, with 2 mw monk healers opposing each other, it feels like it lasts for years.
It still counts as a loss even if we're 2v3.
Sometimes the arena just ends right after starting, even if all 6 players are on.
Why not add a small amount of conq(or just honor) for losing also? It can encourage new players to try out arenas, if it's like 40 then it's not worth it to abuse and even if it is, it can be moderated.
Suggestion: Remove nicknames for solos, i remember i played once a private server that had no nicknames on arenas and it was pretty good. It can help slightly with reducing win trading and reduces toxicity.
Suggestion2: Add honor to wins, pretty self explanatory, just quality of life.

Edited by kelomelo

• Administrators

1. Blizz ended up changing PvP itemization midway through the expansion, and retroactively updated s12 conquest gear, but not the honor items. It's not exactly a "Blizzlike" state, but this is the best we've got and later on, nothing will have resil

2. In PvP environments, PvP items are scaled up, while PvE items are not (despite visually appearing as a higher item level), so you needn't worry about that.

3. The set bonus is universally shared between ALL PvP trinkets, this makes it so that one honor and one conquest trinket can be equipped together without screwing you out of the setbonus. The same applies to class sets too.

4. 2v2 metas are usually either super burst focused, making people complain that dps is too strong, or not bursty enough, making ppl complain that healers are too strong. Nothing is ever good enough

5. I don't know what you mean by this.

6. For "arenas ending right after starting", we'd very much like a video recording + sflogs match link just to see exactly what is happening. We might be able to notice a vital piece of information if a recording is provided.

Adding extra rewards would likely still make wintrading worse, whereas... censoring names? would probably not help it.

49 minutes ago, Aithne said:

1. Blizz ended up changing PvP itemization midway through the expansion, and retroactively updated s12 conquest gear, but not the honor items. It's not exactly a "Blizzlike" state, but this is the best we've got and later on, nothing will have resil

2. In PvP environments, PvP items are scaled up, while PvE items are not (despite visually appearing as a higher item level), so you needn't worry about that.

3. The set bonus is universally shared between ALL PvP trinkets, this makes it so that one honor and one conquest trinket can be equipped together without screwing you out of the setbonus. The same applies to class sets too.

4. 2v2 metas are usually either super burst focused, making people complain that dps is too strong, or not bursty enough, making ppl complain that healers are too strong. Nothing is ever good enough

5. I don't know what you mean by this.

6. For "arenas ending right after starting", we'd very much like a video recording + sflogs match link just to see exactly what is happening. We might be able to notice a vital piece of information if a recording is provided.

Adding extra rewards would likely still make wintrading worse, whereas... censoring names? would probably not help it.

5. Basically if someone leaves right after the arena started, you're forced to play 2v3 and still lose rating.
6. My pc is too bad to record anything, sorry.
I disagree with making everything around wintrading, it's just better to have them than not.
Censoring names is still a good addition, at least in my opinion, even if it doesn't help with wintrading.
Thank you for clearing things up.