So i don't know what happened, but the exp seems to be a bit bugged.  I tried running some of my low toons through low dungeons to get exp and do quests with a 90, and they don't seem to get any kill exp credit.  I can do the quests and get exp from that, but not from the kills. I also tried it on a character that is in a lvl 25 guild as well as a lvl 1 guild with 90 respectively and a low, still no kill credit exp.  Any help with this, or information, would be appreciated.  I'm also on Mistblade 1.

You are not supposed to be able to power level this way. If you could then everyone would park their low level characters in a corner and kill high level mobs in large groups nearby and be level 90 in under 2 hours.

Your low level character should be required to participate in combat to receive kill xp. I know from personal experience, running with a 90 dragging a lowbie through dungeons, the lowbie had to tag the mobs first for the quest item to drop from them.

MB1 Horde: <I C U N V N Me>
CowMonster, VelcroGloves, ZugZugThug, Lesdyxia, LaxKills, ICritMyKilt, ICritMyCritr, ICritMyPet, ZeroSkills, IsoloedLK, TotemMonkey, Munkfu

MB1 Alliance:
ICritUrMom

Netherwing Alliance:
FuzeeWuzee, VelcroGloves, SumBeech, Anullfisher, ICritMyKilt, ZeroSkills, Diabolique

Bug Report: Netherwing or Mistblade

• 1 month later...
On 12/1/2023 at 8:27 AM, ICritMyKilt said:

Your low level character should be required to participate in combat to receive kill xp.

This is not true.

You can see in this youtube video that the player being carried does not participate at all but still received experience. This is in 6.1 but it also worked like this in Wrath of the Lich King, and every other era (I can't speak for the post-level scaling era though, who knows what's going on there). I have no idea why you recall otherwise but (for example) on live in this era you could not only gain experience from mobs you did not damage, but you could gain experience from mobs you weren't even in the same phase as, which I did on live in MoP.

The reason players did not just level effortlessly by being carried by 90s is that the experience formula penalizes doing it, not that it doesn't reward any experience at all. This is why the player in the video is doing it wearing full heirlooms and the experience potion.

• Aithne locked this topic