Burning Crusade Can't hide from ranged attacks / casts in most situations

It is impossible to hide from spells and shots behind textures. On AB, fences do not interfere in any way. And the mage shot frostbolts at me when I hid behind a giant tree. He didn't see me at all. There was also such a situation: I ran into the forge and the hunter shot at me through the wall. 
When I jumped into a deep hole, my opponent could not see me until he approached its edge, but he shot me from a distance.

Edited by bloodline1x9

7 hours ago, Matik said:

The trees/fences are not LoS objects and this is blizzlike.

Only on certain private servers like Warmane are these and other objects implemented (incorrectly) as LoS objects

It was not just a tree, but an obstacle on 60% of the screen. Pylon. If the enemy does not see me, it should be written to him that he cannot not only start the cast, but also complete it. The target is out of sight.
Spells shouldn't fly all over the texture - it's not a blizzard. I remember that mages used arcane missles for this, but here they don't need to do anything like that.
I just came from Turtle WoW and the difference in pvp mechanics is like heaven and earth...

As. Matik said, these are not LoS objects. This is not an error, it is blizzlike. You either need to adjust your play style accordingly and accept that these objects will not save you from ranged attacks, or seek out a server that implements things more to your liking. Consider for a moment though, if things worked the way you suggest, those objects would also LoS the healers and you would die to DoTs because the healer couldn't get the heals/bubbles/dispells on you in time because you hid from the warlock. Then people would blame the healers and the healers would quit because they were getting blamed for stuff out of their control..."screw you guys, I'm feral not resto now."

MB1 Horde: <I C U N V N Me>
CowMonster, VelcroGloves, ZugZugThug, Lesdyxia, LaxKills, ICritMyKilt, ICritMyCritr, ICritMyPet, ZeroSkills, IsoloedLK, TotemMonkey, Munkfu

MB1 Alliance:
ICritUrMom

Netherwing Alliance:
FuzeeWuzee, VelcroGloves, SumBeech, Anullfisher, ICritMyKilt, ZeroSkills, Diabolique

Bug Report: Netherwing or Mistblade

5 hours ago, bloodline1x9 said:

It was not just a tree, but an obstacle on 60% of the screen. Pylon. If the enemy does not see me, it should be written to him that he cannot not only start the cast, but also complete it. The target is out of sight.
Spells shouldn't fly all over the texture - it's not a blizzard. I remember that mages used arcane missles for this, but here they don't need to do anything like that.
I just came from Turtle WoW and the difference in pvp mechanics is like heaven and earth...

Well Turtle WoW had it wrong as well then.

The objects that are and are not LoS are completely blizzlike and are identical to classic. It will not be changed and you will need to adjust your tactics.

18 hours ago, ICritMyKilt said:

As. Matik said, these are not LoS objects. This is not an error, it is blizzlike. You either need to adjust your play style accordingly and accept that these objects will not save you from ranged attacks, or seek out a server that implements things more to your liking. Consider for a moment though, if things worked the way you suggest, those objects would also LoS the healers and you would die to DoTs because the healer couldn't get the heals/bubbles/dispells on you in time because you hid from the warlock. Then people would blame the healers and the healers would quit because they were getting blamed for stuff out of their control..."screw you guys, I'm feral not resto now."

Are you saing that there were no LoS ojects in TBC?

I play rogue and my tactic is that after opening up and working on the target I run and hide behind textures to re-steath. I can't play as a rogue at all, because I get punched everywhere, spells or shots are fired at me even though I can't be seen. They just use it and it flies all over the textures.

Edited by bloodline1x9

15 hours ago, Matick said:

Well Turtle WoW had it wrong as well then.

The objects that are and are not LoS are completely blizzlike and are identical to classic. It will not be changed and you will need to adjust your tactics.

Not only Turtle Wow. Turn on any TBC movie on YouTube about a rogue pvp (arena for example) and you will see how he runs and hides behind columns for re-stealth. Here, it is generally scary for me to hide somewhere, because 50x50 will fly to me from all over the wall. I feel insecure.

7 hours ago, bloodline1x9 said:

Are you saing that there were no LoS ojects in TBC?

I play rogue and my tactic is that after opening up and working on the target I run and hide behind textures to re-steath. I can't play as a rogue at all, because I get punched everywhere, spells or shots are fired at me even though I can't be seen. They just use it and it flies all over the textures.

No. What I am saying is that not everything is an LoS object, the server is operating blizzlike, as intended, and that, if I were a betting man, I'd put my money on those things not changing.

MB1 Horde: <I C U N V N Me>
CowMonster, VelcroGloves, ZugZugThug, Lesdyxia, LaxKills, ICritMyKilt, ICritMyCritr, ICritMyPet, ZeroSkills, IsoloedLK, TotemMonkey, Munkfu

MB1 Alliance:
ICritUrMom

Netherwing Alliance:
FuzeeWuzee, VelcroGloves, SumBeech, Anullfisher, ICritMyKilt, ZeroSkills, Diabolique

Bug Report: Netherwing or Mistblade