Mists of Pandaria Windows 11 VPN set up for Mistblade 2

You need a VPN provider and connecting to the VPN would be an issue you take up with their support staff.  The topic is broad with lots of different types and providers with configuration specifications that vary.

Now if you are still reading, a little more in depth explanation of VPN, if you don't care about that then you can stop reading because the rest of this won't be interesting to you.

A VPN (Virtual Private Network) is a secure tunnel across a network (like the internet for example), which can be configured to route some or all of your traffic through the tunnel.  A split horizon or split tunnel is used to reach specific remote resources without routing all traffic through the VPN tunnel.  If you do route all traffic through the VPN tunnel then that has a few effects.  The main effect is that your traffic travels across the tunnel to the VPN end-point and then out to the actual destination.  This is often used to make it appear that your traffic comes from another country to circumvent restrictions for things like watching shows on Netflix that are not allowed in your country.  This can have a negative effect on ping because the VPN tunnel adds overhead to the traffic in the form of extra data in the packet used for routing it across the VPN and allowing return traffic to come back.  This can also have a positive effect by changing the route the traffic takes between you and the destination; maybe redirecting your traffic through fewer routers (hops).

MB1 Horde: <I C U N V N Me>
CowMonster, VelcroGloves, ZugZugThug, Lesdyxia, LaxKills, ICritMyKilt, ICritMyCritr, ICritMyPet, ZeroSkills, IsoloedLK, TotemMonkey, Munkfu

MB1 Alliance:
ICritUrMom

Netherwing Alliance:
FuzeeWuzee, VelcroGloves, SumBeech, Anullfisher, ICritMyKilt, ZeroSkills, Diabolique

Bug Report: Netherwing or Mistblade

18 hours ago, ICritMyKilt said:

You need a VPN provider and connecting to the VPN would be an issue you take up with their support staff.  The topic is broad with lots of different types and providers with configuration specifications that vary.

Now if you are still reading, a little more in depth explanation of VPN, if you don't care about that then you can stop reading because the rest of this won't be interesting to you.

A VPN (Virtual Private Network) is a secure tunnel across a network (like the internet for example), which can be configured to route some or all of your traffic through the tunnel.  A split horizon or split tunnel is used to reach specific remote resources without routing all traffic through the VPN tunnel.  If you do route all traffic through the VPN tunnel then that has a few effects.  The main effect is that your traffic travels across the tunnel to the VPN end-point and then out to the actual destination.  This is often used to make it appear that your traffic comes from another country to circumvent restrictions for things like watching shows on Netflix that are not allowed in your country.  This can have a negative effect on ping because the VPN tunnel adds overhead to the traffic in the form of extra data in the packet used for routing it across the VPN and allowing return traffic to come back.  This can also have a positive effect by changing the route the traffic takes between you and the destination; maybe redirecting your traffic through fewer routers (hops).

I'm looking for advice setting up windows built in VPN for use on this private server, not google results.

14 hours ago, FreeRanger said:

I'm looking for advice setting up windows built in VPN for use on this private server, not google results.

I never suggested Google, although that would be a good place to start to find a VPN provider. I would suggest something with servers in the same country as where the game servers are hosted, but hey what do I know? I just used to build and manage network infrastructure for a living.

MB1 Horde: <I C U N V N Me>
CowMonster, VelcroGloves, ZugZugThug, Lesdyxia, LaxKills, ICritMyKilt, ICritMyCritr, ICritMyPet, ZeroSkills, IsoloedLK, TotemMonkey, Munkfu

MB1 Alliance:
ICritUrMom

Netherwing Alliance:
FuzeeWuzee, VelcroGloves, SumBeech, Anullfisher, ICritMyKilt, ZeroSkills, Diabolique

Bug Report: Netherwing or Mistblade