Hey guys,

I have never played on a MoP private server before, after I started playing WoW when MoP was released in 2013/14. Over the last years, Affliction became my most liked spec in the game and seeing how well the spec performs in MoP makes me really want to try it out. I read somewhere though that Affliction isn't worth playing below ilvl 540 or something, is that true? If so, what warlock spec performs the best during the early progression stages? And considering how strong warlocks are, the class is probably super popular. Will I have a hard time finding a raid guild as a warlock? 

Just curious..

4 hours ago, Drahneil said:

Hey guys,

I have never played on a MoP private server before, after I started playing WoW when MoP was released in 2013/14. Over the last years, Affliction became my most liked spec in the game and seeing how well the spec performs in MoP makes me really want to try it out. I read somewhere though that Affliction isn't worth playing below ilvl 540 or something, is that true? If so, what warlock spec performs the best during the early progression stages? And considering how strong warlocks are, the class is probably super popular. Will I have a hard time finding a raid guild as a warlock? 

Just curious..

Websites like mop-veins.tk have guides for the various specs that apply specifically to MoP.  There are some very well written and thought out guides out there that cover everything from which talents and glyphs to choose to rotation and stats. This really applies to any class, not just your warlock.

To know whether you will find a raid group or not, I suggest hitting the guild recruitment channel in discord.  There are people making plans for MB2 raiding and they are actively recruiting the things they are missing to fill their raid teams.  If you are planning on making the jump to MB2, this would be the time to find a raiding guild and get in on their level grinding groups that are going to be pushing for 90 so they can be one of the first in the door when the raids open.

Personally, I've never gotten real hardcore into warlocks, but I did do a little googling and found it suggested that Demonology might be a good spec for leveling your lock.  It really comes down to personal preference and the play style that fits you.  When it comes to specific specializations for various classes, some can be very rotation and proc dependent.  If you are not good at maximizing and capitalizing on those things then you will struggle with one spec where you may do better with another.  I would also suggest that talking with your future raid leader/class leader may be beneficial; even though you may pull higher numbers personally as an affliction lock, if they are only looking for destruction or demonology, then you may need to adapt to fit the needs of the raid group or find another group.  You could also look through the recruitment posts and see, "Oh 90% of all the 'looking for warlock' posts are asking for a ..... lock."

MB1 Horde: <I C U N V N Me>
CowMonster, VelcroGloves, ZugZugThug, Lesdyxia, LaxKills, ICritMyKilt, ICritMyCritr, ICritMyPet, ZeroSkills, IsoloedLK, TotemMonkey, Munkfu

MB1 Alliance:
ICritUrMom

Netherwing Alliance:
FuzeeWuzee, VelcroGloves, SumBeech, Anullfisher, ICritMyKilt, ZeroSkills

Bug Report: Netherwing or Mistblade