Burning Crusade TBC Client Access Violation error ( code 132 )

Hello,

I seem to have an issue with the TBC client, i've tried a lot of solutions i found on internet but nothing seems to work.  I had the same problem running the vanilla wow in the past.

I've downloaded different clients from different sources, they all have the same issue, as soon as i enter run the wow.exe it crashes with the all known error 132 access violation.

I assume it might be because of the x64 OS, but not sure.

The only thing that worked for me when i played on vanilla client until i used some kind of "mods" that enhanced the original client ( vanilla fixes i think it was called) it threw the same exact error, after i applied the modifications based on the tutorial i managed to enter the game.

Is there anything i can do?

Thank you.

On 10/26/2023 at 12:57 PM, MrCronus said:

I assume it might be because of the x64 OS, but not sure.

The only thing that worked for me when i played on vanilla client until i used some kind of "mods" that enhanced the original client ( vanilla fixes i think it was called) it threw the same exact error, after i applied the modifications based on the tutorial i managed to enter the game.

Is there anything i can do?

Can we get some more information please? Are you running Windows? Where did you download your client from? Have you tried downloading the TBC client that is provided to you on Stormforge?

As much detail as you can give would help.

I've downloaded the TBC client from Stormforge.

It crashes on startup, as soon as the Wow.exe executes it fails.

Default setup, freshly out of the archive, no addons except the default ones. I've tried different approaches people suggested when they've encountered the same issue, but some do not apply, as they happened for people while in game and based on their description because of their addons, but I haven't managed to even see the UI.

I'm using Windows 10 Pro x64, not sure if it matters but i didn't encounter this with any Wotlk or newer clients i tried before, seems to be limited to classic and tbc clients.

Here is a link with the error that shows in the WowError window 

Pastebin.com

Hello,

That's indeed a weird issue you're having, however make sure the user has read/write permissions in the drive F:.

There's also a client patch that you can probably install to help out.

Hopefully it fixes the issue. If it doesn't i'll redirect a staff here that has more TBC client knowledge than me :) 

• Like 1