16 minutes ago, Aithne said:

Droprates are now higher than they used to be. Really. Isn't that enough?

I think you are missing the point. Idk if you have actually tried it, but it took me roughly 10 min to farm 20 charms by doing pet battles two weeks ago. I also tried killing mogu with potion of luck (to farm some recipes) and got 36 charms in 20 minutes. Maybe these droprates aren't as improved as you thought.

• Administrators

The way things are currently set up, every method of charm farming is close to every other method of charm farming, and damn near everything beats mindless mobgrinding. Pet Battles most certainly do (by a decent margin, if you do the countering well against, say, moths), but dailies are also faster. Considering that Vale grinding only really exists to compensate for the lost 5.0 Vale dailies, and no matter which way you choose you're done in 45 minutes for the week, along with progressing some of your other goals such as Klaxxi/GL/Shado-Pan rep (or fukin Pet Battle achies while waiting in LFR queue), that's more than fair in my view. Letting people spend 10 minutes in game aside from raidlogging is not good practice I'm sure you see. You will be getting charms for the shit you're normally doing to get geared up, and that's about the healthiest option there is.

• Thanks 1

Cheese the game, players lose interest early or start raidlogging. People either say there is too much to do (have to farm too much charms) or complain there is nothing to do.

I highly doubt this would be good for the playerbase.

Just play the game. No loot? Too bad, try next reset. Or farm more charms, which is also a part of playing the game.

• Administrators

Y'all don't know this yet cuz it's currently parked on a different branch of the repo, but I've rewritten the way bonus rolls are handled in a very serious way, and that will end up slightly buffing coins while making them feel better to use too (at the "cost" of SoO juicing exploit strats not being viable anymore, but fuck people who did that, honestly). It's all living in very nifty statistical simulation scritps on my PC too, and that also speaks fairly strongly against buffing coin acquisition rates.

• Like 1

On 10/22/2023 at 10:53 PM, Aithne said:

Y'all don't know this yet cuz it's currently parked on a different branch of the repo, but I've rewritten the way bonus rolls are handled in a very serious way, and that will end up slightly buffing coins while making them feel better to use too (at the "cost" of SoO juicing exploit strats not being viable anymore, but fuck people who did that, honestly). It's all living in very nifty statistical simulation scritps on my PC too, and that also speaks fairly strongly against buffing coin acquisition rates.

Is this fixing it so that BLP only applies to coins from the tier they are used for?

• 3 weeks later...

Thats nice to hear u removing juice thingy & adding that BLP 🙂 Also Aithne u had fair point where u said players will get charms for things they normally do, which is mainly charms from daily for rep and mby few charms from mob drops here and there. 
However that takes what? 2-3 weeks to get exalted? So after ur exalted there its +- whatever ..u wanna get thos charms for weekly reroll token asap & ur alrdy kinda bored for doing dailies over and over..
Point is no matter which option u choose to get (weather daily or mobs grind or pet battle.. sure some can be bit faster than other), it will roughly take on average 40-50min weekly for 90 charms. Comparsion wise for t16 when timeless isle was out u needed 5 min +- to get 50 charms farming Ordos sanctuary with 40man grp.A BIG difference.
Not asking u to completely remove grind..Grind is a grind and it should be there..However getting in middle ground would be best fit thus making 50 charms req for t14 where we dont have timeless isle/IOT to help us grind charms & give 90 charms req for quest in t16. Im pretty sure 99% players would like this.

On 11/10/2023 at 6:17 AM, Janko said:

Not asking u to completely remove grind..Grind is a grind and it should be there..However getting in middle ground would be best fit thus making 50 charms req for t14 where we dont have timeless isle/IOT to help us grind charms & give 90 charms req for quest in t16. Im pretty sure 99% players would like this.

this seems reasonable! 50 is the sweet spot 

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, beneficium555 said:

Highly support this thread as a community issue. I was considering making an alt and farming lesser charms for bonus rolls is one of the main reasons why I won't be doing that. In order to grow server population the decision to lower the weekly quest to 50 charms would make a whole lot of a difference for T14.

Please explain how inticing people to play alts would grow server population.  Are you referring to just the total number of characters or that people playing alts will attract new players because the lower level areas would have people actively playing?  I assume the latter is the difference for T14 since there would be alt runs for new people to get into.

MB1 Horde: <I C U N V N Me>
CowMonster, VelcroGloves, ZugZugThug, Lesdyxia, LaxKills, ICritMyKilt, ICritMyCritr, ICritMyPet, ZeroSkills, IsoloedLK, TotemMonkey, Munkfu

MB1 Alliance:
ICritUrMom

Netherwing Alliance:
FuzeeWuzee, VelcroGloves, SumBeech, Anullfisher, ICritMyKilt, ZeroSkills, Diabolique

Bug Report: Netherwing or Mistblade

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, pengend said:

I believe most of ppl asking "buff something so we can grind faster" are account seller. 

I could see how some people might go that route, but anyone trying to sell accounts would be hurting themselves by getting stuff buffed/nerfed to make the process easier.  If someone were willing to pay $100 for an account with a max level character with top shelf PvP/raid gear, but you got the server admins to make it half as hard to get that character to that point then the person is far less likely to pay that much or as likely to be willing to pay at all if it just became a whole lot easier for them to obtain it themselves.  People pay because they can't do it themselves or for the convenience of someone else doing it for them, but if it is too easy to do then people are only willing to pay a lot less or not at all.

MB1 Horde: <I C U N V N Me>
CowMonster, VelcroGloves, ZugZugThug, Lesdyxia, LaxKills, ICritMyKilt, ICritMyCritr, ICritMyPet, ZeroSkills, IsoloedLK, TotemMonkey, Munkfu

MB1 Alliance:
ICritUrMom

Netherwing Alliance:
FuzeeWuzee, VelcroGloves, SumBeech, Anullfisher, ICritMyKilt, ZeroSkills, Diabolique

Bug Report: Netherwing or Mistblade