Would it be possible to remove the totem stomping macro? It really hurts pvp. If you don't know what it is, it is a macro used to tell your pet to kill all totems. Removing this ability to /target totems would help the life of pvp immensely. If you want a serious pvp scene this should be removed.

Maybe, but also possible he doesn't know the impact it has on pvp. It was a change in wrath i believe but classic tbc also added the change. One button, pet kills your totems. No thinking, no skill. It really hurts shamans in an environment where shamans struggle as it is. 5v5 is where shamans excel in tbc and there is very little 5v5. I don't know the breakdowns but I bet enh/ele is a very small portion of the ladder with resto being a bit ahead as shamans are so heavily nerfed by it. Meanwhile rogues,druids,mages,priest, etc dominate by a large margin.

Don't think of it as a buff or nerf though, it is mostly just fixing a mistake by blizzard. One they fixed them selves in the re-release of classic tbc.

It is also just such an annoyance as a shaman. It is a huge nerf to a struggling class in pvp, and most serious pvp has the totem stomping removed. 

If you want TBC PvP to be more fair and balanced you'd have to change plenty of things. Totem stomping macros being a thing in TBC is just 1 of many things that make PvP in this expansion terrible. I used to play arenas at high rating in TBC but then I realised PvP in later expansions like WotLK/Cata/MoP is simply much better in almost every way. TBC shaman in general is clunky/trash and when you compare its gameplay to even WotLK one then the difference is night and day. Things like totem sets allowing you to put 4 totems in 1 GCD, Ghost Wolf ignoring slows, having root and knockback as Ele or snare/slow removal as Enh make shaman way more viable and fun to play. 

If PvP is your main focus (and you love/main shaman) I advise you forget about TBC and play future MoP realm instead or other games that are FULLY designed around PvP and get constant updates like LoL or DotA.